Error in Email

Hello: I opened an Evernote account in early September, 2014 and have an issue with my email account. On the desktop version, my email shows as xxxx@gmail.como. Note the "o" after .com. So far everything syncs correctly between mobile and desktop but is troubling to see the incorrect email on my account. If I try to log in without the additional "o" an error message states that the account has been deactivated. I thought I could change the email via the account changes and when I attempt to change my email address to the correct form i.e. without the additional "o" I see a message stating a confirmation email has been sent to the above address but I receive nothing. What must be done to make the correction?

• Level 5*

Your email address shouldn't show up on your desktop unless it's also your user name.  If you have a look on your My Account page there are separate boxes for user name and email address.  Which box does your ".como" address appear in?

If it's in the email address box,  choose 'manage email addresses' and you may be asked to log in again for security;  after that you're just asked for the new email address.  Complete that and an email (I think) is sent to the new address to verify it's correct.

If your experience is different please post again!

Hello: thanks for reply. My username is different from my email address. I too thought that "managing email address" would solve the problem I have attempted on several occasions to change it to correct the como problem but even though getting an alert that a confirmation has been sent to the new address nothing shows up my email when I check for the confirmation.

• Level 5*

Hello: I opened an Evernote account in early September, 2014 and have an issue with my email account. On the desktop version, my email shows as xxxx@gmail.como. Note the "o" after .com. So far everything syncs correctly between mobile and desktop but is troubling to see the incorrect email on my account. If I try to log in without the additional "o" an error message states that the account has been deactivated. I thought I could change the email via the account changes and when I attempt to change my email address to the correct form i.e. without the additional "o" I see a message stating a confirmation email has been sent to the above address but I receive nothing. What must be done to make the correction?

Since there is clearly an account login issue here, your best bet is to contact Evernote directly.

Submit a Support Ticket, and select "Trouble Logging in or Account issue..." as the "What can we help with" reason.

See Submit an EN Support Ticket 

IF you have a Free Account, it may take a few days for Evernote to respond.

Archived