[Feature Request] Getting Textinformation from photographed Text documents

Bastian

Dear people!!

As I often scan some bills where I have to transfer money to a bank account afterwards, it would be nice, if Evernote would read the bank account number from that bill document so I could copy it directly to my online banking!

Thanks

Bastian

• Level 5*

Evernote will OCR images, but they need to be synced to the Evernote servers to do so, and it may take some time before the OCR operation is done. But even so, I don't believe that you can copy that text from the Evernote tote into a different application; the OCR text is used for searching.

• Level 5*

I've copied reference numbers from scanned documents to paste into responses or queries.  Sometimes you have to allow for a missing or misquoted number - 1234567B9 for 89 forinstance - but it seems to work pretty well.  Mind you I do my own OCR before uploading,  so maybe...

• Level 5*

Gaz is right for PDF scans. The question is ambiguous, as the title refers to "photographs", but the topic refers to "scans". OCR from images cannot be copied, fro the Windows client at least, in any way that I know (unless you want to delve into an ENEX file).

Archived