Reordering Lists by Drag and Drop- I used to be able to do this.

I used to  be able to re-oreder my lists by dragging annd dropping the items but cannot seem to do this any longer. It used to have lines to the side of the items that you could select and move. It was one of the reasons I liked evernnote as I am a list person.  Cut and paste doesn't work worth a darn.  It indents items improperly and then moves the check boxes with items that aren't selected.  Too frustrating to even attempt it again. Any suggestions?

Very Frustrated User

I used to be able to re-oreder my lists by dragging annd dropping the items but cannot seem to do this any longer. It used to have lines to the side of the items that you could select and move. It was one of the reasons I liked evernnote as I am a list person. Cut and paste doesn't work worth a darn. It indents items improperly and then moves the check boxes with items that aren't selected. Too frustrating to even attempt it again. Any suggestions?

Very Frustrated User

What client are you using? AFAIK, EN has *never* had the ability to reorder lists by drag & drop on the web, Windows & iOS clients. And never on any of the other clients, AFAIK. I think you are confusing EN with another app or else you are doing something different from DND. Or else you are talking about Evernote version 2 or earlier, a very, very, VERY old version of EN that hasn't been supported for about six years & is a different product from EN versions 3 and later.

I used to  be able to re-oreder my lists by dragging annd dropping the items but cannot seem to do this any longer. It used to have lines to the side of the items that you could select and move. It was one of the reasons I liked evernnote as I am a list person. 

Hi Frahnseen,

I'm sure you're talking about either the Shortcut list or else the Reminder lists...

I suspect it's the Reminder list you're after, since you can drag and drop to reorder any items there... Shortcuts too... but that's just my guess.

1. You need to have previously set a reminder within any note for it to appear in the reminder list. 

2. Following this, you will see a reminder section appear, pinned to the top of your note list (Snippet/ Card View) on Desktop

3. The reminder list can be accessed on mobile devices via the alarm clock icon (if there are any reminders)

4. If you do not have any reminders set, you will not see the reminder list at all (on desktop). You need at least one reminder in any given notebook or context for the list to be visible... 

5. Typically, if you are in the "All Notes" context, you will see all reminders set.

6. You can then hone in on specific notebooks/ stacks to isolate reminders for those contexts according to notebook.

7. You need to toggle the "Sort" menu in the Reminders list and tinker around. You will only see reminders according to notebook sections if you have unchecked the "Sort Reminders by Date" option.

8. If you have items that are checked off and you have not selected, "Show Recently Completed Reminders" in the sort menu, those items will obviously not show in the Reminder list until you select that specific sort option. 

Reminders%202.PNG?dl=0

It's my guess that you don't have any reminders set... or else you have completed them all. You will have to manually set a reminder from within a note itself... at least one for each notebook you want to show up in the Reminder list... and from there you can add new Reminder items directly within the pinned reminder list.... and drag and drop to your heart's content ;-)

If you'd like an iPhone/ iPad screenshot, please let me know... Your "lines to the side" would be seen when you tap "Edit" in the Reminder list in iOS (maybe Android too... not sure)... after having first tapped the alarm clock in list view (outside of a note).

Good luck!

EDIT: By the way, I have subsequently written a blog post, illustrating how to use the Evernote Reminders list in a full-on task management solution. You'll see in the 1st video how you can drag and drop tasks all over the place :-)

http://www.productivitymashup.com/blog/2014/10/16/kanban-calendar-evernote-series-2-of-5

Archived