PC Date Stamp in Mac style?

I just transitioned from Mac to PC, and I have hundreds if not thousands of notes that are all stamped with the Mac date format (CMD+Shift+D) that looks like this: October 6, 2014 

Now that I've transitions to PC, when I do a date stamp (Alt+Shift+D) it appears like this: 10/10/2014 1:04 PM

This may seem anal, but it's a really big deal to me to keep my files organized and consistent for future reference purposes, so this difference in date format is driving me crazy.... is there any way to change the PC datestamp to the Mac style?

• Level 5*

I just transitioned from Mac to PC, and I have hundreds if not thousands of notes that are all stamped with the Mac date format (CMD+Shift+D) that looks like this: October 6, 2014 

Now that I've transitions to PC, when I do a date stamp (Alt+Shift+D) it appears like this: 10/10/2014 1:04 PM

This may seem anal, but it's a really big deal to me to keep my files organized and consistent for future reference purposes, so this difference in date format is driving me crazy.... is there any way to change the PC datestamp to the Mac style?

Last time I checked, Evernote uses the WIndows Short date / Short time formats, as configured in the Control Panel (Control Panel \ Clock, Language, and Region \ Change the date, time or number format). I think you're looking for one of the Long Date formats, but I don't think that there's any way to make Evernote use that.

You might try looking into a 3rd party program like AutoHotKey to make a shortcut key to insert the date the way that you like it. It works pretty well, in my experience.

• Level 5*

On your PC, look in Evernote > Options for a Formatting (or similar) tab.  Should be a setting for the date format.

Really? I don't see it. Are you sure about that?

Haven't we had that lecture from you before?

Archived