Satellite latency and sync problems?

Hi all. I'm very new to evernote and think it has fantastic potential. I seem to have one problem though. I live outside of town and use a broadband satellite connection. I have no trouble with most things (itunes, education learning platforms, etc), but it is having trouble syncing my files. I fear this might have something to do with the latency involved in satellite connections. Does anyone know if there are any settings I could try changing that might solve this?

• Level 5*

That one's definitely a Support question (see below).  There are no settings to affect sync exchanges - apart from how often they happen.  Can you use the browser version effectively via Evernote.com?

Thanks Gazumped,

I appreciate your reply. Everything works fine when I'm not on the satellite connection. The satellite connection manages to upload some files, but it works about one in ten syncs - and then not for all files.  I fear there's little I can do, however, I will certainly try and contact support.

Thanks again.

• Level 5*

Thanks Gazumped,

I appreciate your reply. Everything works fine when I'm not on the satellite connection. The satellite connection manages to upload some files, but it works about one in ten syncs - and then not for all files.  I fear there's little I can do, however, I will certainly try and contact support.

Thanks again.

If you are a Premium Account owner, this is a great question for Evernote Chat Support. (Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

One thing you might do is to test your upload/download speed using SpeedTest.net

Archived