ONLY tag(s) search

Hi there - here is my search scenario I am trying to figure out (in hopes of saving the search when I do).

I have tags: x, y, and z.  

Some notes are tagged with all three tags (x, y, and z)

Some notes are only tagged with x, and y.  

Is there a way to create a search where I can search for notes that contain ONLY x, and y, but NOT z?  

Maybe this is a really simple -tag: solution.  However, if so, I haven't been able to make it work.  Thanks in advance for the help.

• Level 5*

Hi there - here is my search scenario I am trying to figure out (in hopes of saving the search when I do).

Is there a way to create a search where I can search for notes that contain ONLY x, and y, but NOT z?  

Generally not. You can only specify AND searches or OR searches, but not mixed searches.

• Level 5

Maybe this is a really simple -tag: solution.  However, if so, I haven't been able to make it work.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Here is how I would tackle it using two searches.

Search #1 for
tag:x tag:y
Bulk tag the results with a tag named temporary

Search #2 for
tag:temporary -tag:z
This should show the results you are looking for.

It is easier than it sounds because you can easily bulk tag a group of notes and permanently delete a tag with just a few clicks.

Then bulk delete tag:temporary

Archived