List of existing new feature requests / suggestions

Firstly, sorry if I've missed this already, but .... is there anywhere on this forum where there is a consolidated (and rationalised) lists of features and requests?  There are a few bugs / unexpected behaviour issues, and some ideas I'd like to put in the general pot for discussion / consideration, but I have no idea if they have already been raised.

I'm thinking of a general tread, say "Requests, suggestions", then a sub-thread for each platform.

For instance:

General:

+ Add some time/datestamp shortcuts (eg, dd/mm/yyyy, Day_of_week, dd/mm/yyyy, hh:mm, etc)

+ implement a "wiki" option for inserting links between notes (the existing one is cumbersome, it would be much easier to type, say [[Name_of_Note]] to generate a link)

+ The ability to hide the "Recent Notebooks" pane

+ Adding colour to stacks

Android:

+ Make the view font the same as the edit font

+ add the option to insert a horizontal line (as you can do with the Windows client)

+ Reverse the order of the notes view to show Title then date (not date then title)

Windows:

+ Add a fourth option for view that just shows the note title (ie a shorten version of the Snippet option .. making it consistent with the Android view)

I'm sure many of the above have been thought of by other people and already raised, but I have no idea.  Also, some ideas / suggestions are trivial and others not, so an indication from the Development team as to if (a) they have read them, ( b ) think they are a good idea, ( c ) intend to implement them.  I realise asking for a timescale is not usually realistic!

• Level 5*

In the Windows client, the registry value "RecentNotebooksCount" governs the number of recent notebooks shown in at least some of the prompts. I have't tried it with 0, though (I set it to 8!).

Re: wiki -style links, note that names of notes are not unique, so there's have to be some disambiguation logic to go along with the feature, should it ever get implemented.

In the Windows client, the registry value "RecentNotebooksCount" governs the number of recent notebooks shown in at least some of the prompts. I have't tried it with 0, though (I set it to 8!).

Re: wiki -style links, note that names of notes are not unique, so there's have to be some disambiguation logic to go along with the feature, should it ever get implemented.

Yes, with Wiki-links I was thinking maybe to allow [[folder/note_name]] .. but this would need real-time mapping to the unique notebook identifier that is currently used because notes can be moved to different folders. 

Archived