Plans for Evernote to incorporate its own email system?

I find it so silly to have to toggle back and forth between my email system, my calendar, and my Evernote. It seems that any smart system would incorporate all three seamlessly (such as Outlook). I don't understand why Evernote wouldn't simply go in that direction and create a system that is in fact email, a calendar, and all that is already Evernote. Anyone out there heard of any or all of these aspects on the horizon of Evernote's future? My life would exponentially become smoother if Evernote had that capability. Doesn't seem like it would be all that complicated to come out with the system, with all the popularity and success Evernote is gaining. Thoughts?

• Level 5*

You want Evernote to provide a mail server as well? Not seeing the rationale for that. They're not really even in the Calendar game either; that's for third-party providers. I think that they need to stick to first principles and keep improving what they're doing now. A mail server add-on doesn't solve any of that.

• Level 5*

PLEASE don't give Libin anymore ideas on how to stretch his company's development resources too thin and steer away from their core strength!   :P

They can be THE 800lb gorilla in personal information management. Or they can play second (or third) fiddle to MS and Google in office and email.

Archived