PDF Annotation Doesn't Work in Yosemite

alexlafroscia

Idea

Trying to mark up a PDF doesn't work in Yosemite.  It seemed to work for me for a little while, but it hasn't in the last few days.  Marking up an entire note as a PDF works, apparently, but just trying to annotate an attached PDF fails.  Every time I click the button to annotate it, nothing happens.

13 replies to this idea

So, Yosemite has been released.  Still cannot annotate pdf files.  Click the annotate button and it does nothing.  Any suggestions?

I pay for this subscription to notate research and presentations for grad school.  Right now, this is a huge limitation.  

So, Yosemite has been released.  Still cannot annotate pdf files.  Click the annotate button and it does nothing.  Any suggestions?

I pay for this subscription to notate research and presentations for grad school.  Right now, this is a huge limitation.

What version of Evernote are you running? 5.6.2 is the most recent, if you are below that you should update.

I don't have an issue annotating PDFs... At least not the two I just tried to test on.

I'm on 5.6.2 with Yosemite, tried annotating a PDF just yesterday and was surprised to find that it still doesn't work.  I've got my fingers crossed that the "official" Yosemite release (with the redesign) will clear this up.  I totally agree with Wichita, I've paid for this subscription and would like to at least see the features that they claim to have working work, since I'm often in a position where I want to mark up PDF attachments to notes as well.

Here is what my log file says:

2014/11/03 18:05:18:152 E|*** -[ENExternalEditHelper markUpInlineResourceID:mediaIndex:] main | Could not annotate resource <ENMacResourceMO 0x7facfe139250> MOID:0x13540028b <x-coredata://0E5AF2AE-6504-4425-BFC2-8DBD2E1598E5/ENResource/p1237> GUID:5e8d8925-ffed-4b1a-8a7a-030eb4bbc391 error: Error Domain=ENMarkUpPlugin Code=2 "The Uniform Type Identifier 'dyn.agq80c6durvy0g2pyrf106p5uqvxa' is not supported." UserInfo=(REDACTED)  {NSLocalizedDescription=The Uniform Type Identifier 'dyn.agq80c6durvy0g2pyrf106p5uqvxa' is not supported.}

Hey all, 

Having the same issue as above running OS X 10.10.2, Evernote premium 6.0.6 (451290 App Store).

Clicking on the annotate "@", nothing happens, regardless of PDF or notebook.

I've noticed this issue since it updated to 6.0.6 automatically on March 6th.

Help would be great.

Cheers, 

Morgan

Archived