Calendar links?

I use Evernote to type in all of my lessons for Bible studies.  Typically, I type them on my computer, but use them most on my iPad or iPhone.  When I type in a Scripture reference (John 3:16), on iOS, the "3:16" has automatically been changed to a link to my calendar.  Blue underline ... the whole thing.  How do I stop this?  If I wanted to link it to something, it would be the Bible, not my calendar!

Anyone know a work around or something?

• Level 5*

You can disable access to your Calendar by going to System Settings > Privacy > Calendar > switch off Evernote

Are you sure this will turn off the iOS auto-linking feature?

Evernote does NOT even appear on my iPhone under "System Settings > Privacy > Calendar >", and the date and time auto-links still appear after my EN Note is saved.

I'm running EN iPhone 7.4.2 on iOS 7.1.2.

• Ex Employees

I just turned off the Evernote's access to my calendar and was able to type 11:45 with no underlined text. Once I go back in and enable access to the calendar the 11:45 automatically turns into 11:45. Selecting the underlined text shows the options to Create Event, Show in Calendar, and Copy. 

• 1 year later...

I just turned off the Evernote's access to my calendar and was able to type 11:45 with no underlined text. Once I go back in and enable access to the calendar the 11:45 automatically turns into 11:45. Selecting the underlined text shows the options to Create Event, Show in Calendar, and Copy.

That's absolutely not the experience I'm having. While it looked for a moment like changing my Calendar privacy settings was going to work for me, hotlinked times quickly returned with a vengeance — even times that were (for some reason) not hotlinked before are now showing up as calendar links in Evernote.

Worse yet, Evernote will allow me to "Create Event" and "Show in Calendar" by tapping a Smart Link even with access to calendars denied in my Privacy settings. It's worrisome that the Evernote app doesn't honor that system setting.

I'm running the latest version of the Evernote app in iOS 9.1 on an iPad Air, for what that's worth.

Archived