Fatal Error in 5.5.3 and 5.6.x

This morning Evernote was working fine on Win 7 64bit.  Then I closed the app, reopened it and got the error in the attached file.  When I click either cancel or send the error to Evernote, the app closes.  I uninstalled 5.5.3, went to evernote.com, and redownloaded the current version of the app.  Exact same behavior.  One thing is that when I uninstalled 5.5.3, Outlook was open.  I got a warning and selected the option to automatically close outlook.  I have since uninstalled and reinstalled 5.5.3 as well as 5.6.x, with restarts after each part of the procedure.  Still the same result.  It works fine on my Mac and my iPhone.  Just won't reinstall on my Win 7 machine.  As noted, Evernote was working just fine on the Win7 machine this morning.  Nothing unusual happened.  I was just using it, got the error, and then the app refused to launch.  I really need help here because EVERYTHING is in Evernote!

post-220109-0-43925600-1409771073_thumb.

I get the same result every morning if I fail to close the Evernote window that appears after logging out BEFORE again signing into Evernote.  The big danger in my opinion is that after receiving that fatal error message, you are still logged into Evernote!  If you again click on the Evernote icon, Evernote opens with full access to your notes without again entering a password or verification code.  Beware.

Archived