Really Frustrated With Evernote

MarleneAyers

Idea

Evernote is running on 6 different devices including my primary computer which is an IMac late model 2013. It has stopped working on the IMAC. The notes are all still intact on the cloud but I cannot get Evernote to work. This is what I have tried.

Trashed Evernote and reinstalled. The app opens but when I select Account Settings I get NO WINDOWS as is true with everything else. 

Trashed ~Library/ Containers>Evernote files. No change.

I have rebooted, reinstalled and cannot get Evernote to work. I have tried copying over the "com.evernote.EvernoteHelper"  folder and "com.evernote.Evernote" folder from my backup but no luck.

Occasionally I get a random screen with the Evernote background and some arrows but nothing is clickable. 

I am at a loss as to what to do next. Anyone?

7 replies to this idea

Hello,

I am also really frustrated. I put in a support ticket 8 days ago and I haven't heard anything. It got an automated response that says they are closed on the weekends. Doest that mean my request went into the trash?

• Level 5*

This is what I go from Support yesterday. Let me know if it works. It did not for me.

Jeff (Evernote Support)

Aug 22 15:14

To uninstall and reinstall the Beta version of Evernote for Mac, follow these steps:

1. If Evernote is running, press Command + Q to quit the Evernote application
  2. Open the Applications folder and drag Evernote to the Trash
  3. Right-click (or Ctrl + Click) on the Trash and select Empty Trash
  4. Reboot your computer
  5. Download and install Evernote for Mac from http://goo.gl/Cm11r2
  6. Drag the Evernote icon into your Applications folder
  7. Open Evernote and login to your Evernote account
  8. Go to Evernote > Preferences > Software Update and select Update to beta versions when available

Warmly,

Jeff B.

Hi. My instructions here used to work. I think they still do, but I have not tested them. I recommend giving them a try, though.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=135

I'm sorry, I'm not haveing the same issue. I was just complaining that I haven't heard anything from support for 8 days. My issue is related to account level info. I want to change some of my account info: login ID needs to change to something else because it was an acronym for a previous company name I had to change.  As such, I'd like to change the email address I send things to that EverNote gave me, company name etc. How do I do this?

• Ex Employees

I'm sorry, I'm not haveing the same issue. I was just complaining that I haven't heard anything from support for 8 days. My issue is related to account level info. I want to change some of my account info: login ID needs to change to something else because it was an acronym for a previous company name I had to change.  As such, I'd like to change the email address I send things to that EverNote gave me, company name etc. How do I do this?

Username changes and shortening your Evernote email address are both Premium features and will both require reaching out to the Evernote Support Team for assistance. 

Archived