Lost years of notes.

Evernote came loaded on my Fuji laptop about 6 years ago. While installing a plugin for FireFox and IE I got an entire new version of Evernote loaded to my hard drive. I thought cool. However, all my notes and the old version of Evernote, (2.something) was gone. I have all my backups... notes and databases. I try to import and it doesn't  happen. File extention wrong.  What to do? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

You need to check you are logging in with the same name and password.

The information is kept in the cloud unless you have a premium account and created local Notebooks, it has nothing to do with what computer or version of Evernote you are using.

Regards

Chris

Evernote came loaded on my Fuji laptop about 6 years ago. While installing a plugin for FireFox and IE I got an entire new version of Evernote loaded to my hard drive. I thought cool. However, all my notes and the old version of Evernote, (2.something) was gone. I have all my backups... notes and databases. I try to import and it doesn't  happen. File extention wrong.  What to do? Any help would be appreciated.

If the version of Evernote you were using was 2.x, that is a different app than the current EN (version 5.x) which is Evernote the cloud service. As you can see, you have been using a very, very old version. You will need to submit a support ticket (see my sig) because your old 2.x database will need to be converted to a version 5.x database. And unless you upgrade to premium service, based upon current reports, it will be 2-3 weeks before you get a reply, if you get one at all. So you will need to then post your ticket number here, so a mod can flag it for EN staff.

Hi,

You need to check you are logging in with the same name and password.

The information is kept in the cloud unless you have a premium account and created local Notebooks, it has nothing to do with what computer or version of Evernote you are using.

Regards

Chris

The Evernote version does make a difference. OP says he was using 2.x which was a Windows only, non-cloud, early incarnation of the Evernote service of today.

Archived