Health professional looking to create treatment notes for client visits

Hi I am 100% new to evernote and am looking for some advice on whether this service will meet my needs. I am a mobile chiropractor and am looking to move from paper documentation of patient visits to something tablet based. I would need to create a custom template for visits in which I can basically fill in the blanks for designated sections and possibly even enable multiple choice options. I would also need to easily view previous visits and be able to print all visits. If anyone could give me some insight on whether evernote can meet my needs I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again!

• Level 5*

Hi I am 100% new to evernote and am looking for some advice on whether this service will meet my needs. I am a mobile chiropractor and am looking to move from paper documentation of patient visits to something tablet based. I would need to create a custom template for visits in which I can basically fill in the blanks for designated sections and possibly even enable multiple choice options. I would also need to easily view previous visits and be able to print all visits. If anyone could give me some insight on whether evernote can meet my needs I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again!

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I would recommend against using Evernote for your patients. There are serious legal issues to consider. Even if HIPAA doesn't apply to your practice, certainly, if I was your patient and I discovered you were storing my confidential data unencrypted in the cloud (Evernote or any other non-HIPAA-compliant service), I'd think twice about remaining your patient.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/54128-evernote-for-confidential-or-sensitive-data-hipaa-ferpa-etc/

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I would recommend against using Evernote for your patients. There are serious legal issues to consider. Even if HIPAA doesn't apply to your practice, certainly, if I was your patient and I discovered you were storing my confidential data unencrypted in the cloud (Evernote or any other non-HIPAA-compliant service), I'd think twice about remaining your patient.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/54128-evernote-for-confidential-or-sensitive-data-hipaa-ferpa-etc/

Thank you but I would not be assigning patient's names to these documents nor is there any private information on them. This is just a rehab log for exercises I perform with patients. I would actually just prefer the docs to be stored on my local tablet storage but I just can't find an app that will work for this

• Level 5*

Thank you but I would not be assigning patient's names to these documents nor is there any private information on them. This is just a rehab log for exercises I perform with patients. I would actually just prefer the docs to be stored on my local tablet storage but I just can't find an app that will work for this

In that case, you'll probably want to purchase Premium, which will give you the ability to view the documents on your tablet even when you are offline. Of course, any number of apps allow you to keep documents on a tablet, but the benefit of having it in Evernote is that you can easily sync with your computer or other devices. It sounds like you might also benefit from apps like iAnnotate or GoodNotes, which allow you to annotate PDFs (forms). Penultimate is Evernote's handwriting app on the iPad, but it doesn't allow for PDF annotation, so it probably wouldn't meet your needs. Skitch is another Evernote app, but its annotation abilities are fairly limited in terms of writing text, so I'd recommend trying the other two apps I mentioned. 

If I were a health care professional, I might consider keeping sensitive information in local notebooks and non-sensitive information in a synced notebook downloaded onto my tablet. That way, when working at home, everything would be in one place, and when on the road, you'd have the mobile stuff you need. 

Archived