Dear Evernote: What made you stoop to embedding Genieo into my Evernote download.  Shame on you. Not only is Genieo a nuisance, it was tricky to get rid of. Shame on you.  I hear raves about Evernote, but no one told me that Genieo would come creeping into my computer with you.  Shame on you.

• Level 5*

Are you sure that you were infected by Evernote? I can't find any evidence of Genieo in the latest Mac beta.

Which client did you download? Have you looked at the download package? If so, where did you find Genieo?

Dear Mr. Metrodon:

I downloaded one application in the last ten days--Evernote

Genieo appeared immediately after I downloaded Evernote

There is no other apparent explanation why Genieo would suddenly appear on my Mac unless it came with my Evernote download.

I must say that I really like Evernote.  I subscribed to Evernote.  I downloaded Evernote and I received Evernote along with a secret passenger=Genieo

in my mind there is no other way to explain this phenomenon.  To your question I found Genieo in my applications after the appearance.  Client? I don't believe I understand your question

• Level 5*

OK, well I've opened the download packages from Evernote and Genieo is not included. I'd suggest that you probably picked it up inadvertently on your web travels.

Archived