Sync between devices unreliable

Hello,

I use evernote on my PC and iPad. The sync between the two is utterly unreliable. I often will type up notes and agendas before meetings. Before I head off I hit the manual sync button only to find that it doesn't do anything but spin. Get to my meeting and no notes :) Awesome. Other times I will use a note as a progress tracker as I complete work for customer base (I'm in IT and have to go from computer to computer often), I get back to my desk to polish everything off only to find nothing has updated. hit my sync button....nothing. Sometimes it will take a few hours, sometimes over a day. When it does finally sync, I get 3-4 conflicting changes notifications about 3 days AFTER it synced. I searched the forums and saw others had this issue but all the 'solutions' were either not relevant to my situation or involved me clearing databases and changing extensions- not a good customer solution. Anyway to make this more reliable?

I have never actually experienced significant, chronic unreliability with sync so I am not sure what might be causing you grief. Is it possible that you have intermittent or weak network connectivity on some of your devices (particularly your mobile devices), and that it is struggling to complete a sync, especially if you have very large notes, such as those with attachments.

What version of Evernote are you running on each of your devices?

I have never actually experienced significant, chronic unreliability with sync so I am not sure what might be causing you grief. Is it possible that you have intermittent or weak network connectivity on some of your devices (particularly your mobile devices), and that it is struggling to complete a sync, especially if you have very large notes, such as those with attachments.

What version of Evernote are you running on each of your devices?

7.3.5 on my iPad and 5.4.1 on my PC. The main note that's been an issue is all text, mainly a list of names in the "Done" category and names in the "Follow up" category. Other notes I usually take are quick blurbs or meeting objectives, so nothing too hefty.

My PC is on 20MB Fiber and my iPad relies on 20MB Fi over Wifi. We have 3 APs re-broadcasting in office so I' never have fewer than 4 out of 5 bars.

Hello,

I use evernote on my PC and iPad. The sync between the two is utterly unreliable. I often will type up notes and agendas before meetings. Before I head off I hit the manual sync button only to find that it doesn't do anything but spin. Get to my meeting and no notes :) Awesome. Other times I will use a note as a progress tracker as I complete work for customer base (I'm in IT and have to go from computer to computer often), I get back to my desk to polish everything off only to find nothing has updated. hit my sync button....nothing. Sometimes it will take a few hours, sometimes over a day. When it does finally sync, I get 3-4 conflicting changes notifications about 3 days AFTER it synced. I searched the forums and saw others had this issue but all the 'solutions' were either not relevant to my situation or involved me clearing databases and changing extensions- not a good customer solution. Anyway to make this more reliable?

It's critical to understand how Evernote (and other cloud apps) function, especially when switching between devices:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/20092-not-very-happy-right-now/?p=101095

I have used EN for several years on PCs, iPhone & iPad & have not experience the problems you mention, so long as I'm careful to sync before & after, when switching devices.

Having said that, then clearly if your computer is not successfully syncing changes to the EN servers, then they will not be synced to any other devices. To determine where the sync break down is occurring, make a change on one computer & sync. Then log into the web client & see if the changes are there. If not, then that's where the sync breakdown is occurring. If the changes are on the EN servers, then sync a device. If the changes are not synced to the device, then that's where the breakdown is occurring & what you need to get fixed.

Ok, one problem may be related to the fact that you are running behind a few versions on your iPad. The current version for iOS is 7.4.1 and a number of major improvements to syncing have been made to all clients in the last few versions. 

Do you still notice these issues after updating your iPad?

Archived