Changes Lost

Chuen

I use Evernote on Android and my computer via web browser and about a week ago, I made huge changes to two of my personal notes but shortly after, I realised that none of the changes were saved.

Upon realising that, I stopped making changes to the notes and I submitted a ticket.

But it has been almost a week now and I can't keep waiting here, not making any changes to the notes whilst waiting, hoping, that the support team would reply me and help me out as soon as possible.

My ticket number is 628558. Would appreciate it if someone can help me out asap.

Thanks in advance.

Remember support only operates on business days. Submitting a ticket late in the week, especially if you are a free user, will almost inevitably run across the weekend. If this is the case, it may have really only been a couple of business days since you actually submitted your ticket.

That being said, I've flagged this for staff attention so hopefully that will speed things up a bit for you. 

I use Evernote on Android and my computer via web browser and about a week ago, I made huge changes to two of my personal notes but shortly after, I realised that none of the changes were saved.

Upon realising that, I stopped making changes to the notes and I submitted a ticket.

But it has been almost a week now and I can't keep waiting here, not making any changes to the notes whilst waiting, hoping, that the support team would reply me and help me out as soon as possible.

My ticket number is 628558. Would appreciate it if someone can help me out asap.

Thanks in advance.

When you say none of the changes were saved, do you mean synced? IOW, are the changes remaining in the note on the computer where you are making the changes? (Saved) Or are they saved to the computer but simply not being SYNCed to the EN servers & therefore to no other computers/devices?

Do you have a free account? Replies to premium users are generally received within one business day, California time. Free users as time permits. Last I knew, EN had stated support queues are backed up & wait times for free users of a couple of weeks seem to be common. I will flag this though for EN's attention.

Thanks in advance.

When you say none of the changes were saved, do you mean synced? IOW, are the changes remaining in the note on the computer where you are making the changes? (Saved) Or are they saved to the computer but simply not being SYNCed to the EN servers & therefore to no other computers/devices?

Do you have a free account? Replies to premium users are generally received within one business day, California time. Free users as time permits. Last I knew, EN had stated support queues are backed up & wait times for free users of a couple of weeks seems to be common. I will flag this though for EN's attention.

What I usually do is make the changes on my notes via my web browser. When I'm done, I launch the app on my phone to sync my notes to make sure the notes in my phone are up to date. So I believed that somehow, the older notes were sync-ed to replace the newer notes, effectively removing all the changes to my notes.

What I usually do is make the changes on my notes via my web browser. When I'm done, I launch the app on my phone to sync my notes to make sure the notes in my phone are up to date. So I believed that somehow, the older notes were sync-ed to replace the newer notes, effectively removing all the changes to my notes.

Making changes via a web browser is making changes directly to the EN servers. If a subsequent sync of your phone overrides those changes (confirmed by looking at the note via a web browser), then it's b/c there were unsync'd changes on your phone. When you sync your phone, EN sees those as new changes & overrides what it has. Please note, something as simple as adding a carriage return or space to a note can cause EN to see that as new changes.

More info on EN syncing here:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/20092-not-very-happy-right-now/?p=101095

Archived