Cannot post new notes

I have used Evernote for years.  I have Windows 7 home premium.

I have always used copy and paste for everything, now when I try to paste the note title will transfer but the actual content does not.  I thought I had filled up the free space and deleted some old notes, but that was no help.  I looked through the discussions and failed at search the problem also.  

If anyone out there can help, it would be appreciated.

Tim VS

I have used Evernote for years.  I have Windows 7 home premium.

I have always used copy and paste for everything, now when I try to paste the note title will transfer but the actual content does not.  I thought I had filled up the free space and deleted some old notes, but that was no help.  I looked through the discussions and failed at search the problem also.  

If anyone out there can help, it would be appreciated.

Tim VS

Evernote uses monthly upload quota. Deleting old notes does not free up more space. It's helpful to mention what client you're using when asking for help. You mention your OS but are you using the Windows client (download/install) or the web client (via browser)? If you log into the web client, how much upload do you have available (it's in the settings, IIRC.) If you're using the web client, pasting images is not something it does at this time. Instead, you'd have to save the image to a file on your hard drive & upload it.

I don't think the quota is my problem as I really don't use it that much, no more than 10-15 notes a month. You're right.  I use the web, I think, I downloaded from their site via browser, but paste has always worked till now, I don't use copy and paste, I right click and "copy image " and then paste to Evernote.

Forgive my ignorance, but I have no clue as to what IIRC is.

• Level 5*

Hi Tim,  Can you confirm what sort of device you're using?  Windows (desktop/ touch/ browser) / Mac / Tablet ?  If you're a Premium user you can get help via a chat option on the Support page (see below),  otherwise you might want to raise an email request (follow the prompts on the page).

There are ways other than cut and paste to move information into Evernote - can you use Evernote's clipper?  Click and drag?

If we get a bit more background maybe we can help more...

Hey there,

I am working on a laptop with windows 7 home premium through Chrome browser without any screen touch feature.  I am not a premium user as I really do not use it that much.  I have only used "copy image" and paste and never had any problems si unless there has been a program change I should be able to continue.  When I copy image and paste to the note name sapce it works fine, I just cannot paste to the note body. I have never used or in fact seen the click and drag as I have never needed it.

Thanks for any help.

• Level 5*

Have you installed the Evernote Clipper or Evernote Clearly in Chrome?  Go to Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons and search for Evernote.  You should find these two easily.  If you install them and work out how to use them,  one or both should make the job of adding information to your account much easier.  Plus they actually work.

I find I can't paste into the body of a note either which seems to mean it's either a Feature or a Bug.  I'll convert your post into a support request which should mean that you'll get an acknowledgement email with a reference number,  and after a few days one of the support team will help you figure this out.

Archived