what's this icon for and how to hide it

yixiang

Idea

5 replies to this idea

Hi,

This icon is shown automatically when Evernote get started, and it is always on top of the screen at a fixed position. I can't drag it to other place, and I have to quit Evernote to hide it.

I updated the link to show the problem.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s42/sh/2a59efeb-00b1-4f58-827d-6ee5403746ea/0bdfc9b91ee5423eaf0d0ff3e83a09f1

BTW, I am using Mac OS 10.10 DP2. If this problem is caused by Apple's beta OS, please ignore it.

Thank you for response.

1) If you are beta testing an Apple OS, you would be violating your non-disclosure agreement posting this here. In the future I would avoid posting about issues you find in a beta operating system protected by an NDA. You should only ever make public posting about problems discovered in a publicly released version of the OS.

2) Does this occur when you boot into your Mavericks (or any other publicly released OS) partition? 

3) Check system preferences>Accessibility for any setting that might be at fault. Often accessibility settings are responsible for mysteries like this. I can't find anything in Mavericks like this so it may be a 10.10 specific thing. 

4) Post this problem in the Apple developers forum or the Apple Seed forum, depending on which group you belong to. 

Archived