On my ipad, I have made a few entries in the diary section of evernote. They were listing the dates of entries for some. Recently, entries are simply showing the name of day instead of the date. How do I allow the entries to be date stamped for all entries.

What diary section are you referring to? Evernote does not have a built in, diary specific section. Are you referring to a notebook or note that you have chosen as your diary?

Things to note:

All notes have date created meta data that is recorded at least to the minute. In some views, the date created may be represented in a more basic form like "Tuesday" or a relative form like "yesterday". This has no bearing on how the metadata were actually initially recorded.

If you want a timestamp in text, there's no shortcut in iOS to insert one into the body of a note, you have to manually type date and time. Date created and date updates are always stored at least to the minute so you could copy and paste the date from the info field I the body on the desktop application retroactively, or type them manually using those recorded dates as a reference.

My best advice would be to include the date (and if you wish, the time) in the title. Evernote runs on Worldclock time, so depending, on where you are, the automatic date stamps may not reflect your reality.

Many heavy users with 10s of thousands of notes recommend using YYYYMODD (Year, Month, Day - 20140616 or 2014/06/16). Personally, I've been using Month, Day, Year so all my notes regardless of type start with, for example, June 16/14. Then I add some info about the note itself and an example might read:

June 16/14: Reading Notes for Arguably Essays by Christopher Hitchens

Also, I include the date and *time within notes* whenever I add to or update one with new information.

All that said, I am considering switching all my notes to YYYY/MO/DD.

Hope this is helpful. :-)

On my ipad, I have made a few entries in the diary section of evernote. They were listing the dates of entries for some. Recently, entries are simply showing the name of day instead of the date. How do I allow the entries to be date stamped for all entries.

Archived