Email Update Problem

ammccarthy

Idea

Hello!  I am fairly technologically impaired, so I am hoping someone here can help me figure this out!  It seems fairly simple, but I can't figure out how to work around this...

I want to update my Evernote email address from my old college email (which I can no longer access) to my current Gmail account.  Unfortunately, I accidentally signed up for a new Evernote account using my Gmail.  I realized my mistake too late and have since deactivated that secondary Evernote account, but when I try to change my email on my real Evernote account, it says the Gmail address is already in use and that I cannot use it.  I have submitted help tickets, but the responses will apparently be sent to my college email account....which I can no longer access.  If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

Thank you!

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi - login to your old account via Evernote.com using the old email address and password.  Go to 'My Account' and change the email address there to something you have access to.  It can't be your new main address because you used that then deactivated the account.  At least you can then talk to support. 

If you can reactivate your new account,  you can use the same process to change the email address in that account to your old college account (which will be available because you changed it already..) and then go back and change your old account to your current main address.

If any part of that fails,  raise a support ticket (see below) and they will fix it for you.  Usually...  ;)

Archived