Instructions on activating purchase of additional upload space

I am new to Evernote and finding my way round. Today I ran out of upload capacity and purchased an additional £4 for 1G. This shows in my current monthly usage. But when I try to use it, I get a message inviting me to buy more and explaining that I have run out.

I presume there is something somewhere that I need to activate it to make that go live, and an instruction as to how to achieve that after purchase would be helpful !

(I am also presuming I can buy extra upload capacity at 1G on five separate occasions in this my first month should I so require? and hence clarification of the activation process would be appreciated as a first time user.)

Meanwhile I have emailed support for help and is anyone willing to anyone point me in the right direction please?

I am new to Evernote and finding my way round. Today I ran out of upload capacity and purchased an additional £4 for 1G. This shows in my current monthly usage. But when I try to use it, I get a message inviting me to buy more and explaining that I have run out.

I presume there is something somewhere that I need to activate it to make that go live, and an instruction as to how to achieve that after purchase would be helpful !

(I am also presuming I can buy extra upload capacity at 1G on five separate occasions in this my first month should I so require? and hence clarification of the activation process would be appreciated as a first time user.)

Meanwhile I have emailed support for help and is anyone willing to anyone point me in the right direction please?

Log into the web client & see how much you have remaining, to confirm you've not used up the additional gig. IME, adding additional gigs is effective immediately.

Thanks and what you mean by "web client?"

When I click on the "Account Summary" it shows 1GB used and 1GB Remaining.

But when I hit the "synch" button it tells me I have run out and gives me the option to pay for more. I cannot possibly have used another GB: it's taken me two days to get this far! :-)

But when I hit the "synch" button it tells me I have run out and gives me the option to pay for more. I cannot possibly have used another GB: it's taken me two days to get this far! :-)

Web client is when you use a browser to login at Evernote.com & is the true amount available. What does it show as available in the web client?

• Level 5*

Your purchase of additional upload allowance should take effect immediately, and the upload amount used/remaining should be the same in both your desktop client (Mac/Win) and the online Web client at Evernote.com.

Have you tried the following:

1. Make sure the total storage required by all UN-SYNC'D Notes does NOT exceed the add'l amount you purchased.
  2. Empty the Evernote Trash:
    1. Click on the "Notebooks" icon in the Left Side Panel
    2. Click on the "Trash" Notebook
    3. Right-click on the  "Trash" Notebook and select "Empty Trash..."
  3. Logout / Login
    1. See How to log out of Evernote
    2. Quit/Exit the Evernote app
    3. Reboot your computer (optional -- just to be sure Evernote is NOT running in the background)
    4. Start the Evernote app
    5. Login

Sync (if Evernote did not do so automatically).

If you're still having problems then you definitely need to submit a Support Ticket (see below), if you have not done so already.

Archived