Is there a way to ban "Recent Notes" from the sidebar?

• Level 5

Thank you for your hint but I would like to ban "Recent Notes" from the sidebar of the iOS App (sorry I forgot to mention I was speaking about the iPad/iPhone App in my previous post).

Ok. The thread you posted to deals with the Mac client.

To do what you want in the iOS client, click the gear, then go to Customize Home Screen, and in the Show Details section, switch Notes off.

oh, I see, thanks, I did not realize that there is such an option.

Do you also know an option to ban 'Recent Notebooks' within the Notebooks section of the Sidebar? I dont mean Recent Notebook apearing through the 'Show Details' option. There is a second list called "Recent" Notebooks on the top when switching into "Notebooks" on the Sidebar. I use evernote in german, there it is called "Kuerzlich". I hope I could explain what I mean. This was when I said that 'this clutters my sidebar too much'.

• 2 years later...

I'm also using the Mac OSX version and I would like this "Recent Notes" option removed permanently. I find it annoying that I chose to remove from view, but it reappears every time I re-open Evernote. 

It's a "third world problem" but still, we should be at a point of programs where things like this should be user-customised

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, snakenuts said:

I'm also using the Mac OSX version and I would like this "Recent Notes" option removed permanently. I find it annoying that I chose to remove from view, but it reappears every time I re-open Evernote. 

It's a "third world problem" but still, we should be at a point of programs where things like this should be user-customised

This issue has been resolved in the latest version   EN Version 6.9 Beta 2 

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, snakenuts said:

Oops, sorry, no I dont. Still on 6.8.

It's strange, I checked for updates about 10 minutes prior to posting this and it said I was up to date, though.

At least you can take comfort that a fix is on the way and will get to you eventually.

To get the beta versions
- you have to download the direct version from Evernote instead of the Apple store.
- There's also a setting in your Preferences under software updates.
Be aware of the risks in bypassing the store, and beta software

Archived