Share and edit notebook without premium

Hi, I've been using Evernote for a long time. I am not a premium user, but I actually can share a notebook with another user and he can edit it. One month ago I shared a notebook with a non-premium user (selecting the option "views notes and activity") but now he can edit notes and I see (in the share settings) that he has the permission to do it ("edit notes"). Is it a bug?

Sorry for my probably bad english, I'm italian. Thank you.

• Level 5*

Hi - don't worry about the language;  your english is a lot better than my italian.    :)

Not a bug - Free account users had an unexpected bonus sometime last year when it became possible to allow one notebook to be shared with full edit rights.  It's still possible to share any number of notebooks with 'view only' rights,  and you can always change the current permissions if you would like to - go back to the sharing menu and delete the current share,  then re-share with 'view only' selected.

I was sent over to Evernote when Springpad decided to quit.  I'm retired and in SP, my wife an I shared several notebooks; Shopping lists for several of our stores, a shared ToDo list and a general shared notebook for non-categorable (!) items, like clipped web pages.

When I shared the first file with my wife, I set it up with read/write/edit permissions, and it seemed to work.  However, when I shared the other two, I couldn't allow her to change anything, it was read-only.  Several days ago, I sent a message over to support, but have received no reply.

I can't see having to pay for two premium accounts.  Am I correct that this is the only way to proceed?  On our fixed incomes and living in Silicon Valley, I can't justify having to spend almost $120/yr, and I will have to go looking for another solution.

Thanks,

Steve

• Level 5*

Free users can share one notebook with modify permissions. Are all the notes you shared in the same notebook?

When did you open your ticket? If you have a ticket number, post it in here and one of us will flag it for an employee to look at.

($90 a year by the way for both of you to be Premium if you ever decided you wanted to be)

• Level 5*

I was sent over to Evernote when Springpad decided to quit.  I'm retired and in SP, my wife an I shared several notebooks; Shopping lists for several of our stores, a shared ToDo list and a general shared notebook for non-categorable (!) items, like clipped web pages.

When I shared the first file with my wife, I set it up with read/write/edit permissions, and it seemed to work.  However, when I shared the other two, I couldn't allow her to change anything, it was read-only.  Several days ago, I sent a message over to support, but have received no reply.

I can't see having to pay for two premium accounts.  Am I correct that this is the only way to proceed?  On our fixed incomes and living in Silicon Valley, I can't justify having to spend almost $120/yr, and I will have to go looking for another solution.

Thanks,

Steve

If you put all your notes in one notebook and use tags for <cinema> <shopping list> etc,  you can use the Free account.  (Your wife can also share one notebook back to you so you have some extra editable access..).  If that isn't working,  one Premium user can share multiple editable notebooks with other free users,  so one Premium should work for you.

Archived