notes & notebooks

On my BlackBerry Z10 I have Evernote premium. OK...I put notes into a notebook. Then I deleted the note and lost it all on notes & notebook. Am I supposed to just let the notes pile up or how does this work exactly.

On my BlackBerry Z10 I have Evernote premium. OK...I put notes into a notebook. Then I deleted the note and lost it all on notes & notebook. Am I supposed to just let the notes pile up or how does this work exactly.

If you delete a note, it will be deleted on the EN servers (and subsequently all other computers/devices you have EN on.) That's they way it is supposed to work. Mobile devices only retain the header information of notes & whatever is in the cache (recently added/updated notes). The exception is when you have a premium account, which allows you the designate any/all notebooks as available for offline access.

A lot of folks create an archive notebook for notes they want to save but don't want to keep piling up in another notebook. So if they have a project notebook and they complete some task then they move those notes to the archive notebook, usually they'll add a tag to indicate what project those notes involved. 

You could also have two notebooks for each project a notebook that includes what is to be done and a notebook that has what has been completed. Later when the overall project was completed all notes could be either left in the completed notebook or moved to the archive as above.

NOTE: This is only one way to use Evernote. Many of my notebooks could be seen as specialty archives like my food notebook. The reason I like Evernote is its versatility in being able to be used for many purposes like this. 

Archived