evernote web clipper download

mcloud

I downloaded evernote web clipper on my macbook pro (mac os x 10.6.8 on snow leopard) and I can't find it anywhere, even using spotlight. I went to "view" (in evernote) looking for "tools" as one forums suggested on a mac but there was no tools link. Tried the same in safari in case I had misunderstood and nothing there either. My download dialogue box opened and it showed the download taking place. Any ideas would be a huge help as I really need this feature!

Ref. last post. I tried downloading it again; again it showed the download happening. I found the install link through spotlight on downloads (was not on download list in finder) and clicked on it, it asked for open or not; opened it and it opened a new web page that had no address and never actually loaded. When I went back through spotlight to search for it again, it was gone. I have no idea what else to do.

Not sure what Safari version you run but we support Safari 6 and up for the new clipper. If you cannot run Safari 6 feel free to send a PM to me and I can give you version 5 that should work on Safari 5.x versions. 

There are 2 ways to install:

a) from Safari extension gallery https://extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.evernote.safari.clipper-Q79WDW8YH9

B) by downloading it from www.evernote.com/webclipper using Safari. 

B requires you to locate the file and open it (verify that the filename is 'Evernote.6.1.safariextz' which is the latest version.)

Hope that helps. 

I have seen several users with the same issue, however, the Web Clipper can be elusive but it rests itself just left of the address bar. It is an icon with an elephant head on it.  It took me a few minutes to find it myself.

• 3 months later...

Sentinel - Thank you.  I had the same problem.  I also downloaded and opened it twice but had no idea where it was.  Your answer was so simple and accurate I felt compelled to say thanks :)

Thank you for your kind words! I am very happy I could be of help!

Archived