What's a local notebook?

When I start a new notebook I can choose to make it a default notebook or a local notebook, but I can't find any info on what a local notebook is.

Support doesn't seem to work for me.  I put a work into search on Online Help, click the magnifying glass and nothing happens...

When I start a new notebook I can choose to make it a default notebook or a local notebook, but I can't find any info on what a local notebook is.

Support doesn't seem to work for me. I put a work into search on Online Help, click the magnifying glass and nothing happens...

You can use the message board search, in the top right of this page. Type your search terms & then press enter or Google site.

To clarify, once again, since jbenson2 appears to keep using incorrect terminology...Offline notebooks are a premium feature, allowing notebooks to be stored on a remote device, so you can access the notes, even when you don't have an internet connection. The documents are OCR'd, as long as they meet the EN OCR requirements (listed here.)Local notebooks are available for free/premium accounts & only live on the Mac/Windows clients. The notes are never, ever sync'd to the EN servers, so no OCR'ing is done.

Additionally, since the local notebooks are not synced to the cloud, they will not sync to any other computers or devices. They can be used for sensitive data you do not want in the cloud.

• Level 5*

Support doesn't seem to work for me.  I put a work into search on Online Help, click the magnifying glass and nothing happens...

Hopeful, a Local Notebook is a NB that resides ONLY on the computer that you created it on.  It will NEVER be sync'd to the Evernote cloud.

You may find details by searching:

• Google Search on "Evernote Local Notebook"
  • EN KB Search on "Local Notebook"

Archived