web clipper or screen clipper while using evernote on IPAD

One workflow I have adopted on my iPad/iPhone involves using Pocket as an intermediary. 

I can use the Pocket bookmarklet on the iPad (Which is better than the janky, unofficial Evernote bookmarklet) to save any content I need. Then when I'm all done that I can open the pocket app on iPad, web, or desktop, and send it to Evernote.

I have tried all sorts of intermediaries (instapaper, readability, the list goes on) to get full text from RSS feeds or websites into Evernote on the iPad and Pocket has really been the only reliable service that nabs FULL text. 

That being said, it isn't QUITE the same as a real clip, because the formatting is simplified. This may be desirable, depending on exactly what your needs are. 

Anyway, the Pocket route has worked really well for me. 

+1 for Pocket and +1 for Drafts! 

Drafts is amazing! I have three custom scripts for Evernote that I use in drafts. 

1. Sends text untagged to my _inbox notebook

2. Sends text tagged todo to my Work notebook

3. Sends text tagged todo to my Personal notebook

The possibilities are endless and it allows for a [very] quick note sent straight to Evernote and filed correctly every time.

megsaint, a fellow forum user here turned me onto Drafts recently and it has changed my life with Evernote and a bunch of other things.

The clipping scheme involving Drafts I linked to above, having just tested, works pretty well but was fussy at first (maybe that was just me....). May not replace the Pocket workflow for clipping though. Not yet at least. 

Thanks Pete, the mergy works for all web-based files!

Now still looking for a solution for PDFs that I am reading in goodreader.

I will try now the Pocket and the Draft as well, as ScottLougheed recommended.

While not specifically about Goodreader, and while I don't know specifically what your issue is around goodreader/evernote, perhaps this discussion might be informative:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/54410-can-i-move-all-my-pdfs-in-ibooks-on-my-ipad-to-my-evernote-account/

I deal mostly in academic articles, and I personally find Evernote cumbersome for reading and annotating them, so I generally keep all of my PDFs in dropbox/box. I use Preview on my Mac and PDF Expert 5 on my iPad. Evernote is strictly for notes about those pdfs (Since the post I link to I have started to use Drafts on my iPad to take the notes which get whisked away to Evernote, rather than take notes directly in Evernote). 

Thanks Scott. I am also into academics. I do not use Evernote to read. When I read on my PC, while preparing for a talk, I take screenshots with Evernote and save them for later use in my PP. I wanted to do something similar while reading on my IPad which I prefer, but encounter difficulties. I am viewing the pdfs and highlighting parts of the text and writing annotations, and then save them in dropbox. Later it is difficult to remember which article contained what specific highlight. This is why I put that in Evernote.

I have also discovered this morning that for DRAFT and Pocket you need IOS 1.7, and I still have an old IPAD that can go only till IOS 1.5

Archived