Photgraphy work flow too long!

Does anyone know a faster way to dump photos into a notebook?

I'm a writer (and an Evernote Premium user). I take dozens of photos on some days with my iPhone. I appreciate Evernote reminding me where I took the picture (although lat/long would be helpful, but that's another question).

Here's the minimum workflow required to snap a picture and have it in the correct notebook:

1. open Evernote (ok, icon on home page);

2. then, assuming the correct notebook is open, press the + at top right;

(else open the correct notebook, adding another step)

3. press the camera icon;

4. press the green camera icon when the camera comes up;

5. press the check mark;

6. press Save.

It's too much. And do all of this in the very bright Florida sun with polarized sunglasses limiting iPhoto screen intelligibility (this not being an Evernote issue, of course).

Yikes! Can't we eliminate some of those steps? 

I use an IFTTT.com recipe to dump all the pictures from my camera roll to Evernote. It requires that you have the ifttt.com app on your phone. It's occasionally slightly flakey but, as long as I make sure to launch the app every day, it works quite well.

Hi msadesign

Thanks for the feedback — very much appreciated.

Can I ask; have you considered and dismissed an approach where you take the photos using your normal iPhone camera, and then bulk-import photos using the Photos feature?

Would love to hear more about your usual flow.

To get images from my iPhone to Evernote, I typically use one of two methods.  First one (easy) is to use FastEver Snap app.  There are other similar apps, but this is the one I've used for years.

Second method is that I use CameraSync app to upload the images from my camera roll to Dropbox.  Later, at my desktop, I peruse the images in Dropbox & modify them as needed, then dump them into an import folder where the Evernote Windows desktop sweeps them into my Evernote account & deletes them from the import folder. 

FWIW, I don't use EN as a true photo organizer.  I use ACDSee Photo Manager for that & I don't think EN is the best venue for organizing images anyway.  But I do take a lot of photos with my iPhone of things I see when shopping (that I may want to buy later or compare prices) or a location of a business I may want to remember later, etc.

Thank you, everyone, for input. 

Klang: I did. But if I have to do that, there are other ways to work, many of which don't include EN. Because here's the thing: I jumped onto the EN bandwagon because it's positioned as being a bucket in my right hand, into which I can throw things as I go about my day. 

It's not, though. Take another example (hijacking my own thread!): the web clipper is able to capture so few web pages that it's not really worth the effort. And THAT is a huge issue; again, the clipper is positioned as 'just being there' so you can keep stuff you happen upon through the day, which is something I can really use. I'm a writer, always looking for column ideas, or quotes, or sources. Lots of these are on the web. The clipper is a huge disappointment in Safari/ Mavericks.

I'm far from ready to jump ship, and ready to accept that perhaps it's user error, as they say. I setup my notebooks, and I went through all of the videos.

So far, though, EN hasn't met the challenge (the email feature works great, though).

added late in the day: as I was doing research I learned that it's the contextual menu giving me grief; clicking the elephant works pretty much as expected, so far.

Archived