Help on "Conflicting Changes"

Mobiblue

Hello everyone, I am a rookie user to EN. Can someone help me with my problem?

Basically, I don't know from when there is a conflicting changes notebook in my EN (windows version). That's ok since I read a few posts and learned what this means. What really bothers me is every time I try to create a new note from EN at my desktop, the new note by default is located in "Conflicting Changes" notebook as shown on top right corner of my new note. Also, I note that any notes created in that notebook can not by successfully synced because EN in my iPhone does not have such folder. So appreciate if someone can help me solve my problems... 

1) how to make sure the new note that I create will not be in conflicting changes folder

2) Even if i can not change the default setting for new notes, how to make sure the conflicting changes folder can be synced with my iPhone.

Thanks so much!

Typically Evernote will create a note in whatever notebook you happen to be in at that moment. Setting a default will not override this behaviour, but it will set a location for any incoming content from the clipper, email, third-parties, or the evernote helper that does not have any destination specified. 

I recommend dealing with the conflicting note and deleting the "Conflicting notes" notebook. Once you've dealt with the notes inside, there's no reason to keep it around. 

To change the default notebook (which shouldn't have an impact on your situation as I understand it), you can do so from the application preferences on your Windows machine. 

2) Even if i can not change the default setting for new notes, how to make sure the conflicting changes folder can be synced with my iPhone.

In addition to what Scott said, when EN creates a conflicting notebook (not folder), it's a local/non-sync'd notebook. Local notebooks cannot be converted to sync'd notebooks.

Typically Evernote will create a note in whatever notebook you happen to be in at that moment. Setting a default will not override this behaviour, but it will set a location for any incoming content from the clipper, email, third-parties, or the evernote helper that does not have any destination specified. 

I recommend dealing with the conflicting note and deleting the "Conflicting notes" notebook. Once you've dealt with the notes inside, there's no reason to keep it around. 

To change the default notebook (which shouldn't have an impact on your situation as I understand it), you can do so from the application preferences on your Windows machine. 

Thanks very much. Just realized that i was being stupid - I happened to be in "Conflicting Changes" notebook every time I created new notes (simply because it ranks at the top above all other notebooks). Problem solved and deleted the conflicting notebook. Thanks again!

In addition to what Scott said, when EN creates a conflicting notebook (not folder), it's a local/non-sync'd notebook. Local notebooks cannot be converted to sync'd notebooks.

I see. Will remember this. Thanks!

Archived