(Archived) Back to top button

s1m0nsg

Hello, first post here.

Is there such a thing or has there ever been a "Back to top" button...or maybe a shortcut?

If not, could one be developed please?

It's just that as I have so many notes, increasing by the day, if I search for a note and it's one of the first I ever wrote, I find myself at the bottom of the note list. I have a few automated notes that arrive, and I like to check that they are OK before they work their way down the list, and get lost until I search for them later.

I know that I can just grab the side bar and move to the top...and it appears that I am very lazy, but a "Back to top" button in the toolbar would be great.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Instant 'back to top' buttons.

In Windows (always helps to know which OS you;re talking about...)

Click anywhere in the note list and use Ctrl-Home,  or

Create a note that will live at the top of your list by reason of a unique title or creation date (01-01-3000 is good)

Create a search that will find only that note.

Save search and add it to favourites.

OK excellent, thanks very much, yes I am using windows.

That looks a good idea about the note 01-01-3000...just one slight problem...what if I live to that age, it might get lost amongst all of my other notes...is it not better to write 01.01.4000???

Only joking.

Thanks for your help, I hadn't thought about the note idea.

Cheers.

• Level 5*

I'll bet you £1M you don't live to be over 900.  I'm depositing one penny in a high interest account now.  Invite me to your 901st birthday and I'll bring the cash...

Archived