Tag greys out when tapped, freezes EN app

I updated the iPhone to OS 7.0.6 this morning. Since then, tapping on a tag does two things:

1. Greys the tag out

2. Freezes the entire app (i.e., no other taps work, no sync, dead in the water)

I've done a complete quit / relaunch of the app (several times). Have also done a full quit / restart of the phone. Still...no help.

When initially launching the app, the sync wheel spins, but tapping a tag kills the rest. 

Thoughts...? 

I'm having exactly the same problem on both an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4S - I contacted EN support and they suggested uninstall/reinstall of the app, which I've done several times but without success. 

The freezing happens when I click on anything on the homepage - Shortcuts, Notes, Tags - which is extremely frustrating.

Any ideas anyone?

Hmmm on my iPhone 4s I am unable to reproduce that issue.... Tags, notebooks, shortcuts all work fine. Are there any other details that you can provide that might help us fellow users reproduce this problem and help you track down the source?

Hi, thanks for reply - It's strange because the new look interface worked absolutely fine until after the latest app update - and I'm getting the same problem on two different handsets, on multiple wifi networks - though the iPhone 4S is crashing way more than the iPhone 5.  I couldn't even say that it happens only while the app is syncing after startup, because it crashes all the time now even after sync is finished.  I'm not getting any problems with the iPad, mac or PC sync.  It basically means that right now the IOS app  on the 4S can pretty much only be used to add new notes, with slightly more functionality on the iPhone 5.  I haven't done anything different on the phones - the only change was the app update.  V.frustrating....

Evernote report that it's an issue that they're aware of, and working to fix. In the meantime I discovered a sort-of workaround.  If you click on the header of the Notes section, followed by the header or the Notebooks section, and each time return to the homescreen, the freezing issue doesn't happen any more.  You have to do this each time you open the app, but it's far better than the continual crashing.  Additionally, EN support told me that another user had solved the problem by ordering notes by date updated/created rather than by title, and this also had the same effect.  I'm using version 7.3.1 by the way.  PaperQueen, give it a try, maybe one of these tips might work for you until Evernote can fix it?

My app also begun freezing after iOS update few days ago.

When ever I open the app, I can browse my notes but as soon as I tap any of the new note buttons, the app freezes and I have to manually shut it down.

Response from evernote said to send them activity log but I'm unable to copy it to send them.

I'm in the same boat..................... "funny" I was just mouthing off to a friend of mine about Evernote and what it can do.

Well when showtime came about that went over like a lead balloon.

3-7, 2014

Archived