(Windows) Evernote Search

Hey Everyone,

I hope I've not posted in the wrong area but I have a problem with the search functionality and I'm hoping I'm just missing something that's obvious.  

Why do I have to manually go through each pdf page by page to find the highlighted search word I entered into the search bar?  Some of my pdf's have 50pages or more I can see that it has located 10 pdf's that contain the search word but I can't just jump to the results I have to spend time opening each document and clicking the next page until I see the little yellow highlighted word.

Please help!

Hey Everyone,

I hope I've not posted in the wrong area but I have a problem with the search functionality and I'm hoping I'm just missing something that's obvious.  

Why do I have to manually go through each pdf page by page to find the highlighted search word I entered into the search bar?  Some of my pdf's have 50pages or more I can see that it has located 10 pdf's that contain the search word but I can't just jump to the results I have to spend time opening each document and clicking the next page until I see the little yellow highlighted word.

Please help!

Once you open the PDF in a PDF viewer, you should be able to use the PDF search on the term & click 'next' to go to the next occurrence. 

• Level 5

Hey Everyone,

Please help!

Kalehco, you are correct. The Evernote search will not take you directly to the term you are searching for.

If you want to search lengthy PDFs in Evernote, you will need to search twice.

1. First Search finds the note(s) that meet the search criteria

2. Second Search is required to find the word inside a long PDF document.

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/4425ef82-39b4-4cc4-8dcc-0bff95a13f88/f42a87aa53f421ab468804fb710c07e4

Archived