Which iPads will Evernote not work on?

I'm teaching a class tomorrow with about 80 folks over 50 who own iPads. They are not beginners. We will work with Evernote for several of the once-per-week-classes. It just dawned on me that a few of these folks may have older iPads and older iOS versions although most will not.

Will Evernote work with ALL iPad and iOS versions? I imagine that it's the iOS and not the iPad version (ie, iPad 1) that counts. If I'm correct, which iOS versions will Evernote not be compatible?

Thank you.

I'm teaching a class tomorrow with about 80 folks over 50 who own iPads. They are not beginners. We will work with Evernote for several of the once-per-week-classes. It just dawned on me that a few of these folks may have older iPads and older iOS versions although most will not.

Will Evernote work with ALL iPad and iOS versions? I imagine that it's the iOS and not the iPad version (ie, iPad 1) that counts. If I'm correct, which iOS versions will Evernote not be compatible?

Thank you.

I would suggest you check iTunes for the requirements.  I think you must have the latest OS.

Answered my own question via Applecare: the iPad 1 is the ONLY ipad that cannot be updteed to 7.0 to download the latest Evernote. What I don't know is if Evernote has older versions that will work on the iPad 1 and, if so, how does one find the older version.

• Level 5*

Since Apple controls the apps that can be installed on all iOS devices, the iOS App Store is the only source for apps and updates.

I have an iPad 1 running iOS 6 and EN iPad 5.

The best way to get your answer is to see what updates are available to an iPad 1.  It is possible that the Apple App store might offer the last EN version that is compatible with iOS 6.

Good luck with your class.

Archived