(Archived) Headigs in notes

lpmathiasen

• Level 5*

What do you know. You can have headings in Evernote....

When you combine notes headings will separate them within the appended note. 

Maybe one can add neadings afterall? I just can't find it anywhere..

Those aren't headings per se, they're just HTML separators that Evernote adds when you merge notes. The UI doesn't support creating such things, though there are ways to do it by editing the raw ENML code. One way is using the third-party ENML Editor: http://enml-editor.ping13.net/

• Level 5*

Non OS specific. 

Hello. I'd like to have headings in notes, and a panel that links to them. It would unclutter long notes, and give a new dimention. 

I like your idea.

However, I'd like to expand on it and request that Evernote provide a multi-level collapsible outline within the body of one Note.

I think this would achieve the same thing as linkable headings, only more powerful.

What do you know. You can have headings in Evernote....

When you combine notes headings will separate them within the appended note. 

Maybe one can add neadings afterall? I just can't find it anywhere..

Those aren't headings per se, they're just HTML separators that Evernote adds when you merge notes. The UI doesn't support creating such things, though there are ways to do it by editing the raw ENML code. One way is using the third-party ENML Editor: http://enml-editor.ping13.net/

Thanks Jefito - I learned a lot there. I however do not want to use another tool to edit code. I have 25 years doing Linux coding - I am happy to just be able to do everything in a light and easy UI like EN. Thanks anyway maybe others can have some use of your good advise.

I gave ENML EDITOR a try. It is actually pretty neat, but maybe a little too basic to be a usable tool in daily life. However if someone made a similar tool that could add functionality in an wysiwyg UI. Thats another matter. Or if it could be plugged in to EN on all OS'es it was even better,

02.02.2014-09.01.png

Hi.

Not sure how I missed the follow-up posts on this one, but I'm glad I checked back! Thank you, Jefito, for posting that link. I will definitely be checking it out on my laptop. If I can master it, it could solve a big problem for me. :)

Wordsgood

• Level 5*

Thanks Jefito - I learned a lot there. I however do not want to use another tool to edit code. I have 25 years doing Linux coding - I am happy to just be able to do everything in a light and easy UI like EN. Thanks anyway maybe others can have some use of your good advise.

You must have started awfully early, since Wikipedia has the Linux kernel being released in 1991... :)

I gave ENML EDITOR a try. It is actually pretty neat, but maybe a little too basic to be a usable tool in daily life. However if someone made a similar tool that could add functionality in an wysiwyg UI. Thats another matter. Or if it could be plugged in to EN on all OS'es it was even better,

It's very basic, but if you need to get under the hood (I don't often), you can either use the ENML Editor that or export to Evernote format, edit that in a text editor (one that's actually made for editing code), and import it back in. As I say, it's a rare day that I need that, but it's good to have in the toolbelt.

Archived