How do you control which direction it sync's? I want to update phone, not vice versa

How can I control the direction that evernote syncs.  I had to replace my iPhone, so now I have a new iPhone, and I want to sync it with the data on my Evernote.com website.  I am afraid the my phone will over-write what is on Evernote.com.  What I want is for the data at Evernote.com to download onto my iPhone. I want it to be a one-way download.  But I have read stories of the opposite happening.  Thank you for your help.

How can I control the direction that evernote syncs.  I had to replace my iPhone, so now I have a new iPhone, and I want to sync it with the data on my Evernote.com website.  I am afraid the my phone will over-write what is on Evernote.com.  What I want is for the data at Evernote.com to download onto my iPhone. I want it to be a one-way download.  But I have read stories of the opposite happening.  Thank you for your help.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/20092-not-very-happy-right-now/?p=101095

• Level 5*

You don't need to worry about controlling the sync direction.  Evernote will do that for you just as you'd expect.

Evernote will download from the EN Cloud to your device any/all Notes that are not on your device.

Evernote will NOT delete the Notes in the Cloud just because they are not on your device.  You must take explicit action to delete a Note in order for it to be delete.

Archived