Style Shortcuts?

Selecting category "Other" because really, this should be "All."

It would be incredibly handy if it were possible to create my own named style shortcuts.

For example, one of the notes I have is some frequently used SQL (database code) that I cut and paste all the time, with some surrounding explanations for what each one does (they're very similar looking at first glance but have very different results).

When I'm creating a note like this I'd love to be able to quickly and easily reference a set of typeface and style settings that differentiate the code from the explanation... Rather than have to individually set every style change every time, it would be great if I could just create a style called "code" that always sets the same combination of settings.

Of course, there are hundreds of other situations where the same feature would be useful to me.

I've looked through the Mac, iOS and Android apps and haven't found anything like this yet.

• Level 5*

Ah, yes, these have been previously requested (search the forums for priors). Yes, the use case is pretty well understood. Not implemented in any Evernote client that I am aware of currently. No, Evernote typically doesn't give out future feature plans or time frames.

• Level 5

Selecting category "Other" because really, this should be "All."

It would be incredibly handy if it were possible to create my own named style shortcuts.

<snip>

Of course, there are hundreds of other situations where the same feature would be useful to me.

I am not a coder, so I might be off-base.. but I find the use of a template-note to be helpful.

Whenever I make a phone call, I copy my telephone template to my actions-pending notebook.

Right Click >Copy Note

Telephone template note example:

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/313daeee-77fa-44f6-87fa-b2763696799e/d253145ea46eb338f9617caeac55bf89

Tip: if you look very closely, you will see 7777P in the template (under Inbound:)

That is a personal search code I use to find it quickly.

I use other 7777 codes for other types of fast searches.

I am not a coder, so I might be off-base.. but I find the use of a template-note to be helpful.

Whenever I make a phone call, I copy my telephone template to my actions-pending notebook.

Right Click >Copy Note

Templates are definitely useful, but that's not the same thing as having a user-configurable style you can apply to any arbitrary block of text.

Archived