Evernote premium business practices failing

I have been a premium user, until one day it was announced with no warning

My account had been cancelled. Reason: recurring payments.

Doesn't Evernote know what happens when your credit card is stolen? They change your card number.

When I asked, they told me they gave me a whole 5 days to get my stuff off the server.

No mention of recent earring new credit card to extend my membership. I guess here is enough business they can't be bothered with retaining customers.

Luckily Evernote isn't the only player in the plethora of journaling apps.

• Level 5*

If your payment doesn't arrive on time Evernote will downgrade your Premium membership to the 'free' version,  but that doesn't mean you have to clear the server - you just operate under the lower limits of a free account until the payment issue is sorted out.  If you want to revisit the issue I'd recommend raising a support ticket and posting the number here so someone can have a look at the situation.  If not - apologies that you had a bad experience,  but it doesn't mean that Evernote don't care about retaining customers.  That would be a pretty short-sighted business attitude.  They do take the view that it's up to the customer to make sure that a valid payment method is in place when the fees come due.

• Level 5*

I have been a premium user, until one day it was announced with no warning

My account had been cancelled. Reason: recurring payments.

Doesn't Evernote know what happens when your credit card is stolen? They change your card number.

When I asked, they told me they gave me a whole 5 days to get my stuff off the server.

No mention of recent earring new credit card to extend my membership. I guess here is enough business they can't be bothered with retaining customers.

Luckily Evernote isn't the only player in the plethora of journaling apps.

Hi. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. To build on what Gazumped said:

1. Evernote is free, and anything you upload is always available to you for free.

2. Premium gives you additional upload amounts, OCR for PDFs, and some other capabilities. If your Premium service ends for any reason everything that was OCR'd, for example, remains OCRd. Nothing changes with your existing data and you definitely do not have to remove it from the servers.

Archived