Don't see all my notes

dleal

Idea

Hello,

On my evernote on my mac, I see that some notebooks have some notes on it, but when I want to see them the result is empty. When I go to the web evernote I see such notes. So the information is there, but I don't get it from my local evernote on my mac. 

Checking the forum, people recommend to restore the database, but about this topic for mac I don't see a detailed instruction about how to do it. I have the latest version (5.4.4).

Please any help about how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

David

post-162690-0-72480900-1388617355_thumb.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi,

Thanks for replying...I don't see the way to access to this link...I get the home page of knowlegde base, I don't know if it is because the ellipsis on the link.

Thanks,

David

Hi. The knowledge base has something, but it only feeds me Japanese pages, so no point in linking you to those. An alternative would be to just delete the app and reinstall. It only takes a few minutes. Here are instructions.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=135

From the page I tried to link to.

Resolving "Internal Database Error" in Evernote for Mac

In rare instances, your Evernote database may become corrupt resulting in an Internal Database Error and will need to be rebuilt using data already synced to Evernote's servers. Follow these steps to accomplish this:

Warning: if you have any unsynced notes or local (as in, not synchronized) notebooks in Evernote, this content will be irrecoverably lost when your database is rebuilt using the data from Evernote's servers.

• Quit Evernote by clicking the Evernote icon in your menu bar and selecting Quit
  • Open the Finder and strike ⌘+⇧+G to open the Go to Folder dialog, then type ~/Library/
  • Double-click the Application Support folder and locate the Evernote folder.
  • Drag the Evernote folder to your desktop
  • Launch Evernote and input your username and password

At this point, Evernote will download all of your synced notes from Evernote's servers. Depending on the amount of data in your account, this could take a bit of time to complete.

If you have any trouble with this procedure or would like some assistance in rectifying the situation, contact our support department.

Here is the solution from EN Support Team:

Hello dleal,

(If you are unable to open Evernote at all, you may skip to step 2.)

If you have some important Local Only or unsynced notes, be sure to read the directions at the end of this email to safeguard your information. Otherwise please try the following:

Please try moving your Evernote database directory so that Evernote will regenerate a new local database by copying your notes back down from the service. To do this:

1. Quit Evernote from the Elephant in the Menubar.

![Menubar](https://www.evernote.com/shard/s4/sh/05d3424f-dd36-47c4-92e1-83350d5d9694/4057d5b580df009e2e4847a3a9fc436d/deep/0/Screenshot%206/17/13%202:27%20PM.jpg)

2. Your database is in a hidden directory. You can access it by opening the Finder, then selecting "Go" from the top menu and hitting the "Option" key. Once you have done that, you'll see the "Library" folder pop up.
Select it.

![Hidden Folder](http://asset1.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/07/22/GoMenu_270x448.png)

3. Then, go to:
~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/Evernote/accounts/ and move the "your username" directory to another place.

4. Once you've done that, please *also* go to:
~Library/Application Support/Evernote/accounts/Evernote/<your username> and move the "your username" directory to another place. If you are directed to "merge/replace/keep", choose to "Keep a Copy".

Note: You may not have a directory in both places. Please remove whichever ones you *do* have, and make sure that you no longer have either before moving forward. If you are directed to "merge/replace/keep", choose to "Keep a Copy".

5. Then, try opening Evernote again. All of your notes from the service will now synchronize and create a new local database.

*If you have any Local Only notebooks, switch to List View, then select the notebook name and select all notes (CMD+A or CTRL+A), then export the notes to .enex format, exporting tags if desired. If you have some unsynchronized notes, go to "All Notes" and, also in List View, sort by the "Sync" column, and export any notes that have a * in that column to .enex format.

Thank you.

William

Evernote

Archived