(Archived) Sync filed due to unexpected behavior on client side

r404991

I may have caused this by switching to MS One Note last year. Changing back to Evernote now. Deleted everything from old version of Evernote and installed new version. Paid for regular hosted membership. Online, I see a folder called "Yosemite Auto Body". On my desktop version it does not exist (it did at one time). I cannot delete the one from the server - there is no option to delete. Otherwise, I uninstalled and reinstalled and no change.

Any other ideas?

Evernote.pdf

• Level 5*

"Deleted everything from old version of Evernote and installed new version"  -Really?  You deleted notes?  That would cause your computer to sync with the server and say "these notes are no longer required..."

The server version (available via Evernote.com) is the 'official' version of your database.  If your notes aren't there,  then something bad happened.  If what's visible on your PC isn't the same as the server version,  then you haven't successfully synced your files.  Retry and start again...

I may have caused this by switching to MS One Note last year. Changing back to Evernote now. Deleted everything from old version of Evernote and installed new version. Paid for regular hosted membership. Online, I see a folder called "Yosemite Auto Body". On my desktop version it does not exist (it did at one time). I cannot delete the one from the server - there is no option to delete. Otherwise, I uninstalled and reinstalled and no change.

Any other ideas?

When using the web client, you hover over the notebook name to get a drop down list that allows you to delete the notebook.

Or...sync the desktop client, which should download the notebook from the EN cloud, delete the notebook from the Desktop client & sync the change back to the EN severs.

Archived