(Archived) Create a Note from a notebook entry

ttritchie

I currently use Penultimate on an IPad for work.  I  use it mainly for notes during meetings.  I would like to be able to create a note in Evernote from an individual note in my Penultimate notebook.  I envision this as selecting (copying) a specific area from my notebook (a line, a sketch, ...) and creating a new note in Evernote with this selection in the body of the new note.  This would be, in effect, creating a note using what is on the clipboard.  This would truly integrate Penultimate with Evernote.  If this can be done now, please let me know how.  I am using these notes as tasks in a GTD system.  As it is now, I review my notes in my notebooks and create the notes/tasks manually.  Does anyone else think this would be a good feature?

I'm using an Adonit Jot Pro.  I find it is much better than the rubber tipped stylus I started with.  If your not familiar with it, it has a clear disk that pivots on the end of a point.  I think it's as close as you can get to a normal tipped pen.  

Hi ttrichie,

I think this may work for you, at least in part:

• Go to the page you want to create an Evernote note from
  • Click the "share" icon in the upper right corner (the box with an arrow curving to the right in it)
  • Select "Open Page In"
  • Choose Evernote from the options offered

You could also opt to email the page to Evernote if you'd rather.

If you're just wanting to move part of the page over, you could try opening it in Skitch and using the crop feature to select the portion you want. There may be a more graceful way to do that, but I don't know what it is yet.

Best.

Rocks - thanks for the suggestions.  I think the use of Skitch is the closest to what I want.  It's still a bit clunky, but it may work.  I haven't tried it yet.  It's what I'm looking for though - copy a line out of my notes and create a note/task with it.  You would think that since Evernote owns Skitch and Penultimate, they could figure out a one step way to do it.

Linda - what do you hate about the disk?  It's a little noisy, but I can't use those big rubber tips.  What is the writer that you like?  Do you mean the Adonit Script? Or is there another similar type of stylus?  

Ttritchie, the disc doesn't feel right. I have the Adonit Writer and I love it. The negative is that it uses up a battery pretty fast. So, I got rechargeable batteries. It's also not cheap..$79+shipping. I'm a writing freak and I love pens..the Writer feels like a rollerball. I don't like penultimate, though. I'm left handed and the penultimate can only be used in portrait mode..I use GoodNotes and Noteshelf. I also use Evernote so not using penultimate is bothersome because they connect so well. Anyway, that's my long story...sorry.

Linda,

Thanks for the info.  I also prefer writing with pen (fountain pen) and paper.  It just doesn't feel that same on the iPad, but I'm trying to make it work.  I'm now back and forth between notebook and pad, which is not efficient at all.  I'm hoping for improvements.  

Tim

Archived