Evernote 7.2 iOS doesn't save business card info to contacts database

Never mind. Works now.

I had previously denied Contacts access to Evernote in my Privacy settings.

Consider this an enhancement request that when someone flips on the preference to sync with Contacts it checks its privacy settings and prompts the user if it can't.

Great feature!

I am struggling with this issue myself. I have been on live chat with Evernote twice with promises of replies.

No response yet from them, really dissapointing.

I actually got the idea those I was chatting with did not know the feature existed.

The last chat did have them suggest checking the privacy setting, which I have set to allow.

I also verified the Camera settings were set to sync.

Very frustrating, with cardmunch barely working anymore I was really excited to see this feature added to Evernote.

I will add however, my past experiences with live chat help have been excellent.

Does anyone know if the notebook the cards are in matters?

Does editing the card to add in address and such stop the sync?

Thanks

Hi Dsign,

Sorry you've been having troubles trying to get answers to your questions.  

Based on what you are saying 

- your iOS privacy permissions (iOS Settings > Privacy > Contacts) allows Evernote access to your Contacts 

- your Evernote business card settings (Business Cards > Save contact info to Contacts) is turned ON

If this is true, I think this may be an odd upgrade case that we did not reproduced before.  Can you try the following:

1.  In Evernote: turn OFF Save contact info to Contacts

2.  In iOS Settings: disable access to Contacts from Evernote  (iOS Settings > Privacy > Contacts)

3.  Quit Evernote - Double tap home button, swipe up on the Evernote screen image to remove from memory

4.  In IOS Settings: grant access to Contacts to Evernote

5.  In Evernote: turn ON Save contact info to Contacts

Try scanning a card and see if the info shows up in your Contacts.  

If this fails to work, please make sure your latest information is sync'ed up to the Evernote servers and then do an uninstall / reinstall.  This should reset your iOS Privacy permissions to Evernote and allow you to grant access cleanly and things should work.

Please let us know if how this turns out.  

Thanks.

Thanks for the information.

Here is the update:

I found several cards to scan and found that, peoples cards who had a Linkedin account, drew their information in from Linkedin and synced the card to iOS contacts.

People who do not have a Linkedin account and I manually enter their names, numbers and such into the fields after scanning the card do not sync to iOS contacts.

Based on this, I would certainly say the syncing is "activated", but why are the manually entered cards not syncing.

The process I follow is the same for either. Take a picture of the card with the business card camera, but then do a manual name and info entry into the template.

Any ideas?

Thanks

We've reproduced a bug on the review screen where if there are no results, the information entered on the screen doesn't get saved to the note and thus there is no information to be saved to the iOS contacts.  I think this is a corollary case of this one.  We will try to reproduce and if successful will address this problem in the next bug fix release.  

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyway to retroactivate it?  I scanned a bunch of cards then realized that they weren't saving into my contacts.  I have fixed the problem by following the instructions above.   However, the 10 or so scanned cards I already have in there don't move over.  Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi myeatts

We are working on a manual Save to Contacts command.  It will allow you to save the info from your previous cards to your Contacts.  It is still in development but should be coming soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Let me add my request for the ability to sync manually.  I scanned about 100 cards last night and it worked really well, however there are some things that I would like to tidy up which is much easier on my computer where I can see the card and entry fields.  It would be great to be able to sync those changes back.  In addition I would love the ability to sync without adding it to my phone's contacts, bypass that all together. 

• 2 weeks later...

Let me add my request for the ability to sync manually.  I scanned about 100 cards last night and it worked really well, however there are some things that I would like to tidy up which is much easier on my computer where I can see the card and entry fields.  It would be great to be able to sync those changes back.  In addition I would love the ability to sync without adding it to my phone's contacts, bypass that all together. 

Agreed. This all-or-nothing setting right now is troublesome. Love the feature in general, but I too scanned a bunch of cards before I turned on the address book sync, and would like to retroactively (and optionally) add some of them. But not all.

I think the ideal settings for "Add scanned cards to address book" would be: Off, Ask, or Always. I would personally set it to Ask. Then each time I scanned a business card, it would ask if I wanted to add it right then or not. If you decline, you could always add it later.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the latest iOS client version 7.3.2.  We've added a few features such as manually saving to contacts (Share > Save to Contacts), sending LinkedIn connect requests and attaching VCards when emailing a business card note to someone.

Archived