(Archived) ordering notes differently according to notebook

Hello,

(evernote in Windows 8)

the only way I know to order notes is, at the top of a list of notes inside a notebook, to right-click the icon for - List, Snippet, Card, Sort notes by - select the latter and choose which type of order I want.

Problem is, this cascades to notes in other notebooks!

Now, the thing is, if you do have a number of notebooks, sooner or later, you will want to apply different types of note filing - alphabetical, chronological etc.

Am I missing something or is it indeed the case that only one type of ordering is available at any one time across all notebooks?

Many thanks

• Level 5*

Hello,

(evernote in Windows 8)

the only way I know to order notes is, at the top of a list of notes inside a notebook, to right-click the icon for - List, Snippet, Card, Sort notes by - select the latter and choose which type of order I want.

Problem is, this cascades to notes in other notebooks!

Now, the thing is, if you do have a number of notebooks, sooner or later, you will want to apply different types of note filing - alphabetical, chronological etc.

Am I missing something or is it indeed the case that only one type of ordering is available at any one time across all notebooks?

Many thanks

Hi. Only one way to sort, I am afraid. This is a feature that has been suggested before, but at this point, no client has that ability. The best workaround I have found is to use the Table of Contents feature with note links.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=488

Archived