(Archived) Problem installing Evernote

Spligpoot

Hi,

I'm trying to install Evernote 5.0.3.1614 on my machine at work.

During the installation process a box asking me to locate Evernote.msi since it can't find it in the temp folder. However, it is there but when I choose the file this box [please find attached] appears.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks.

post-90208-0-36109900-1386175552_thumb.p

• Level 5*

How about moving the file to your desktop before trying the install?  Or re-downloading the file in case it's corrupt?  Does your work internet connection use a firewall or proxies?  Ever used / installed Evernote there before?

Yes, after installing the new MS Office, Kaspersky seemed to have screwed up the drivers for the USB keyboard & mouse leaving the machine useless despite using Windows repair tool.

Basically, after executing Evernote 5.0.3 file it unpacks Evernote.msi into the temp folder but recognises as it the wrong Evernote.msi and asks me where the relevant Evernote.msi. I point it towards the one it has unpacked but as the message box says, it says it's the wrong one because it's Evernote 5.0.2!

• Level 5*

OK - sounds like a clean reinstall is required;  have a search on the forums for "backup" and "reinstall" to cover all the bases,  then use Revo uninstaller to kill your current installation completely and try again.

I've just successfully downloaded and installed a previous version from a link you coincidentally supplied from another thread. I’m just bracing myself if I have to upgrade to 5.0.3!

Thanks very much for your help and hopefully it will be plain sailing from now on.

Archived