Evernote Certificate Error on Windows 7

Hello, I'm trying to log into Evernote on my local PC and I'm having issues. I keep getting a security Alert saying "The Certificate Issuer for this site is untrusted or unknown. Do you wish to proceed." Even when I click Yes and I get to the sign in window on my PC version of Evernote I can't log in after putting my credentials because this error keeps coming up.

I've looked for solutions and tried some without any luck. I've tried to log into the web version of Evernote and I get certificate errors on the website as well but I can log in. The problem is I have some notes on my local PC version of Evernote that I need to get to that aren't sync'd with whats on the web. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gaurav

• Level 5*

Hi.  Welcome to the forums.  Evernote's site doesn't have any certificate problems that I'm aware of - though that sort of thing can occur if you're logging on through a proxy.  Are you connecting through your own home network,  or through a work related one?

Hello gazumped, I am logging in through work and I have a proxy set that is disabled. This issue started happening last week. I have some changes locally that I can't get to now that I can't log into Evernote since I closed it. Any ideas on perhaps taking the local Evernote db and restoring it to a different machine?

• Level 5*

If it's a Windows machine,  there should be no problems - apart from any feelings your employers might have about copying files..  Just grab the database (EXB) file -check in Tools Options General for the location if you're not sure.  

Remember your database is already on the server,  apart from any notes that missed sync,  or any from purely Local notebooks.  If you have a working Evernote installed on your home machine you could simply Export the files that haven't been sent to the server to an ENEX file and then re-import them at the other machine.

Before you do anything (except trying to export,  obviously..) make sure you exit Evernote completely.  And keep backups of your database in case you need to do this a couple of times before it comes right!

• 1 year later...

Gbhasin76- you probably have already solved this by now. I had this certificate error pop up anytime I opened Evernote and I also couldn't sync any of my notes due to this error popping up.

For anyone else running into this problem I solved mine by doing the following:

-Go down to your control taskbar on the bottom-right of your screen and find the Evernote icon. 

-Right click the icon and uncheck 'Autosave in the background' and close out Evernote. 

-Open backup evernote and you should be able to login and sync your notes from this point on.

• 1 year later...

Archived