(Archived) evernote preventing a website from working

cmflet

The past few days, when I try to access my county's library website (multcolib.org), the site loads with three EN web clipper frames open on the screen. I The site (and the web clipper frames) won't respond to my mouse cursor, i.e. when I try to close them or move them. I've used the library site hundreds of times with no problem before this. As far as I remember, I've never used the EN web clipper to clip any pages on the library site. When it first happened, I hadn't used the web clipper at all that day on any website. 

I got a screenshot and created a link to view: 

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s221/sh/f5de02f3-d528-46ad-ac16-d1d139185b14/076927c43f1fc1a38cf279ee9fceb7e8

Any ideas what's causing this and how I can fix it?

Thanks!

This should be fixed in the release we made yesterday 11/18 with version number 6.0.4. Please check for updates or reinstall it from www.evernote.com/webclipper and then restart to be on the latest version. 

Let me know if that helps. 

I am having two issues with Web clipper 6.0.4 and Safari 7 as described by others above:

1. A web page such as at www.cnn.com loads all the way to the right. It cuts off the content to the left. You cannot scroll left to view the page. Disabling web clipper fixes the problem.

2. Some pages become completely unresponsive (no scrolling up or down, left or right). Additionally, you cannot click on any of the links on the page. Again, disabling web clipper eliminates the problem.

I went to the Apple store genius bar for help and we all agreed that the problem is with Web clipper. 

I hope there is a solution to this because I use web clipper extensively.

Thanks,

John

Hi all,

We have a new beta version 6.0.5 that aims to fix 2 things:

1) The CSS conflict issues where random UI elements from the Web Clipper pops up on certain pages.

2) Disabling keyboard shortcuts fix 

We'd appreciate if you have some time to test it and if you can report back if it fixes the issue you had.

Get it here:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s13/sh/ad2286ca-f0cc-499b-930c-77a341d543e7/66b3fa1caeafc80d63fe61da089d0494

I am having two issues with Web clipper 6.0.4 and Safari 7 as described by others above:

1. A web page such as at www.cnn.com loads all the way to the right. It cuts off the content to the left. You cannot scroll left to view the page. Disabling web clipper fixes the problem.

Me too. I came here for this problem!

Safari 6.1 on 10.8.5, though.

Very annoying having to keep scrolling to the left on all wide websites to be able to see/read all of the articles.

I mentioned this in another thread, but 6.0.4 (and the 6.0.5 beta) are breaking ADP's payroll website for me. When the clipper is not active, I can login with no problem. When it is active I can login to the site, but then the page starts spontaneously refreshing (at least, some loading progress is shown in the address bar), then a window pops up saying my session has ended and the page reloads with a security error (something from ADP).

I've just installed 6.0.5 beta of web clipper. The issue with the unresponsive web sites seems to have been resolved (at least for the one particular web site that I had this problem). The other issue with web pages loading all the way to the right with the left side being cut off is still there. Please see the attached picture.

post-163534-0-33372300-1384961635_thumb.

Thx John, 

It's weird, www.cnn.com loads fine in our testing and we do not see the same issues. (so far tested on OSX 10.9 and Safari 7)

What OS & Safari version are you on?

Additional help would be if you can check if the JS console throws any errors or warnings?

(you need to enable the Web Inspector in Safari - Preferences - Advanced tab)

I am relatively new to MacOS, so I do not really know what the JS console is. I am assuming that it has to do with java script, but beyond that I am at a loss. See the picture of Advanced tab and let me know what I need to do to check this as you suggested. 

post-163534-0-66466800-1384963489_thumb.

Thx John, I understand, only do this if you have time and feel like helping us out a bit. 

1) Enable the bottom checkbox that says 'Show Develop menu in menu bar'

2) Restart Safari

3) Open the console by hitting Alt + Command + C

4) Clear the console by hitting the trash icon.

5) Goto the page causing troubles and see if any warnings are displayed in the console.

Screenshot errors and send as a message to me.  

Archived