Feature Request : Save list layout for each Notebook

Homegrown

I have various Notebook for very different content types.

In some of the Notebooks, i like to see my notes in list format, in other they are best viewed in cardview.

In some notebooks I allways want to see the newst entries first, in others I want to see them by title.

I know I can switch between list, snippet  and card  with shortkeys, but having to switch view typ AND selecting anoter sorting, becomes tedious when switching between notebooks all the time

I would like to be able to save the view layout individually for each Notebook.

• Level 5*

I've always thought that the awkwardness to this request was when you are displaying notes from notebooks with different sort settings in the same view. I know that this is a popular request, though. I've also though that it would be great if you could specify sort settings in a saved search.

Obiviously not knowing how this could be done, have seen it in other programs though.

Maybe it could be a preference set for each notebook, and then properties (sorting/viewing criteria) could be sent to the view, and thereby changing the display of the notes, when the notebook is selected.

• Level 5*

Yeah, I think it's an awkwardness rather than a fatal flaw: you're looking at set of notes that's sorted one way, and then by changing your note filter, all of a sudden you're looking at a set of notes that's sorted a different way. I can see where a UI person might think that that would be confusing. But I see the utility as well, so it's sort of a 50-50 thing in my book. It's certainly seems in the range of do-able things.

Archived