(Archived) hash tag and base64 encoding

jimjulian

Hi,

I've been pasting the output of a web based java program from a government site into evernote, then exporting the note as email in the .enex file type.

Afterword, I open in an html editor as a text file.

Then I use search & replace to correct an erroneous tag that keeps me from using the data in a spreadsheet. This works some times. Recently an export was emailed encoded in base64 and accompanied by a hashtag.

Is there anyway to disable the encoding or decode the exported note?

Thanks,

Jim Julian

Hi,

I've been pasting the output of a web based java program from a government site into evernote, then exporting the note as email in the .enex file type.

Afterword, I open in an html editor as a text file.

Then I use search & replace to correct an erroneous tag that keeps me from using the data in a spreadsheet. This works some times. Recently an export was emailed encoded in base64 and accompanied by a hashtag.

Is there anyway to disable the encoding or decode the exported note?

Thanks,

Jim Julian

hi,

Evernote does not import files. If anyone with technical knowledge would respond, I would appreciate it.

Of course it does. The only clients which EXPORT are the desktop clients. Since you said you are EXPORTING to enex, that would indicate you're using a desktop client, even though this post is in iOS. As Gaz said, the desktop clients also IMPORT enex files.

Hi,

I'm using iOS 7 on an Apple iPad 3rd generation. The app has an icon which is a square with an arrow coming out and up. Click that icon and six more come up. They are in two rows. The top row consists of "Message", "Twitter", and "Mail". The second row consists of "Print", "Link", and "Export note."

Click the Export icon and the email form pops up. I fill out the form and email the data to myself. The data may or not be encoded in

base64 and accompanied by a hashtag in the unseen header. The *.enex file format is a form of XML and is the exported file's type.

This is the lastpost. I'm addressing future correspondence to Evernote support.

Good luck,

J.L.J.

Hi,

I'm using iOS 7 on an Apple iPad 3rd generation. The app has an icon which is a square with an arrow coming out and up. Click that icon and six more come up. They are in two rows. The top row consists of "Message", "Twitter", and "Mail". The second row consists of "Print", "Link", and "Export note."

Click the Export icon and the email form pops up. I fill out the form and email the data to myself. The data may or not be encoded in

base64 and accompanied by a hashtag in the unseen header. The *.enex file format is a form of XML and is the exported file's type.

This is the lastpost. I'm addressing future correspondence to Evernote support.

Good luck,

J.L.J.

I see that now.  But it again, as I said above, if you're EXPORTING (enex), you need to IMPORT, not just try to open the file. 

Archived