(Archived) Failure to sync

Looks/sounds like this has happened to many users after an August update. Latest version synced easily then it didn't. I get a "Synchronization failed because of unexpected behavior at client side." message. Happened yesterday, then it didn't. Happened again today, then it didn't. Chat tech support cannot figure it out, and they expect me to sit at my computer for the next 24 hours until the "L2" team gets back to me. Won't happen. I have a job and a life. They don't provide phone support, so it'll be interesting to see how they reach me... 

AND, tech support lost their chat connection a couple of times while I was online with them yesterday!

• Level 5*

Looks/sounds like this has happened to many users after an August update. Latest version synced easily then it didn't. I get a "Synchronization failed because of unexpected behavior at client side." message. Happened yesterday, then it didn't. Happened again today, then it didn't. Chat tech support cannot figure it out, and they expect me to sit at my computer for the next 24 hours until the "L2" team gets back to me. Won't happen. I have a job and a life. They don't provide phone support, so it'll be interesting to see how they reach me... 

AND, tech support lost their chat connection a couple of times while I was online with them yesterday!

Hi. Thanks for reporting this. Could you tell us the client you are using? Also, it might help to post the customer support ticket number to get some more Evernote employee eyes on the case.

Not sure of client. I'm using Evernote on a desktop PC and Android tablet. The tech support ticket numbers are 223198 (yesterday) and 224969 (today). When I try to sync from my PC, I immediately get a dialog box that tells me that "Updating server database, 100% done" when, in fact, the database has not been updated.

Since the sync failure is defined as due to "unexpected behavior at client side", I suspect that the problem is with the web client, not my PC or tablet.

• Level 5*

Not sure of client. I'm using Evernote on a desktop PC and Android tablet. The tech support ticket numbers are 223198 (yesterday) and 224969 (today). When I try to sync from my PC, I immediately get a dialog box that tells me that "Updating server database, 100% done" when, in fact, the database has not been updated.

Since the sync failure is defined as due to "unexpected behavior at client side", I suspect that the problem is with the web client, not my PC or tablet.

Actually, client refers to your device (PC, Android, etc.), so I'd say it means something is wrong on your end, but I could be wrong (client might mean something different). Customer support ought to be able to sort it out. I will flag the post and hopefully you can get up and running soon. By the way, you should be able to use Evernote in the meantime at www.evernote.com.

Archived