(Archived) Why evernote UI so crazy?

I loved Evernote since i it just had appeared. It was small, fast and extremely comfortable.

First they removed the small Mac top menu item that worked instantly and synced with the cloud in background. Now i have to have a memory-hog application always run and eat my Dock space.

Ok. Next they replaced the same menu clipper with the browser plugins made buy a school boy who wished to show off how he could make popups. Really clever school boy, yes. I'd like to now had he tried to catch the moving buttons and is there anybody out of the University who really need to see the "related" popups?

And the evernote, both the app and a clipper become slooooow. The best, most valuable feature - "quickly point and clip" has vanished for sake of the showing off the jQuery mastering.

The boy has grown. And it seems he dream to work in Microsoft. While he is not he improves his skills in spoiling everything with "automation".

Look here:

2013-11-05_1743.png

What's the reason left and right parts are grayed out? Has i signed a contract "please don't let me do what i want to do?" Has anybody wrote an email to the Evernote management with the request "Please, confuse me with disabling the areas?"

It's the overall idea of the Evernote team. Every, every! detail and part is not natural, is shining like china car, and is not usable for an ordinal human. Even just posting here made me to stumble :

2013-11-05_1746.png

Is not it cleat if a button is labeled "Start new topic" it MUST start new topic? Why i am presented with long list of hardly readable salad-on-gray items somewhere at right side of the screen? Had i asked for "please give me a list of topics"?

[Edited by moderator for inappropriate content]

Posted · Hidden by megsaint, November 5, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by megsaint, November 5, 2013 - No reason given

But every update for last 2 year made me to wish the developers had died. Really.

But i'd like to inform all of Evernote team somebody wishes all of them to get a cancer  and to die with a pain every he uses that they have done.

I can't imagine what would possess anyone to post such a thing.

The further the better.

The Evernote genius is sure i must to know the have slow backbone and overlaps my browser with a unavoidable box saying "He-he":

2013-11-05_1836.png

Evernote team is not happy just to disable the search box, it finish with closing a quoter of the screen with... with... the notes i already i have.

What's the schizophrenia idea stays behind the showing *my notes" as a response  to saving the others? 

But ok... Probably i do not understand anything in this life. But, what the F*** i have to close this useless box with zero content manually by clicking a button? Have the jQuery.animate is the only skill the guy has learned, but the timer occurred to be too complex for him?

2013-11-05_18362.png

Even Microsoft does not change the case of the typed letters, but evernote team insist that "Symphony" must be "symphony", and "PHP" must be "phP". And do not try to lie i already have the tags "symphony" and "phP" - i do not.  But the developers seem to make fun on the investors enforcing them to pay for spoiling the product. 

2013-11-05_1930.png

Crazy isn't the word ...but it's pretty close.  Evernote is a great product except it seems to have bizarre and inconsistent interfaces across devices.

Evernote WAS a great product. Now it is nothing but ONLY product on the market. Ugly, slow, unusable.

It's crazy to invest money to make the product worse with every release. What's the stuff inside the skull of a creature who disabled the ability to modify tags right after the clipping but decided to show "related" notes? I suppose there's  substance that i can not mention here but everybody can guess. 

• Level 5*

Box of surprises. You know, they claim the evernote is to "remember everything". Imagine -  they do not have the functionality to search. 

2013-11-13_1020.png

Endless story of the stupidness.

Hi. This is the quick note function from the top menu. It is for making a quick note, and so (like a lot of menu items from other apps) it lacks things, including the search. If you want to search, please open the app.

Box of surprises. You know, they claim the evernote is to "remember everything". Imagine -  they do not have the functionality to search. 

2013-11-13_1020.png

Endless story of the stupidness.

Hi. This is the quick note function from the top menu. It is for making a quick note, and so (like a lot of menu items from other apps) it lacks things, including the search. If you want to search, please open the app.

Oh! I expected this ***** will be said to me (as it definitely was said to a boss by some idiot of evernote team).

"Please open the app" in real life means: Trash you hard disk, wait, wait,... click on popup about another update supposed to ***** anything else.. say to your callee "please wait....", minute, let me click, click, click... f*ck, click... damn, i remeber exactly it was here, type... type... damn! Oh, here it is.

In fact, if you knew the app you promote you should mention "Spotlight" that is supposed to search. Let's forget for a minute about tag, notes and try to use it:

2013-11-13_1131.png

Oh, the clipping of the screen/screenshot does not include the functionality of the Skitch - no marks, no arrows, no markers. 

I guess  the real developer of the first evernote version been fired and replaced with monkeys from Volga and Ganga.

• Level 5*

Thanks for the interesting and often quite pertinent critiques of the app, but as I warned you before, your posts need to be appropriate for this forum. Wishing for members of the community to die (in this case, developers), dehumanizing others by comparing them to monkeys or other animals, name calling, and so forth is unacceptable.

I am closing this thread. in the future, please feel free to post any criticisms of the service or the clients, but do so in a manner that respects other members of the community.

Archived